• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I was drawn to hunt at Versailles state park this year. Ive never hunted there before, anyone have any tips/ suggestions...

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I own a small farm that has VSP on 3 sides,neighbors that don't hunt,on a dead end road,app.20 acres of soy beans and 3 food plots,lots of thickets and woods. I don't bother to hunt my own land because of lack of deer.Best of luck!

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have been doing the reduction hunts at Versailles SP for several years and have had good success. I shot my largest buck ever on one of outlying areas. I highly recommend going down early and hiking around and do some scouting. If you haven't done a reduction hunt before, be prepared to see other hunters. Getting away from the roads will minimize it some. Another tip to get ahead of the game is to camp on the park so you won't have to wait in line to check in the morning of the hunt. If you have a suitable boat it will give you access to areas that are inaccessible otherwise. If you camp I will be the guy in the gray bus, feel free to stop by and say hello.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I am moy camping, but your not the first person thats told me to use a boat to get to remote areas where it would take a long time to walk too... good luck if i dont see you next week.

Top Bottom