Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I wasnít confused until I read this

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
    This is why I hunt in Michigan, the regs are so much easier to understand. Buy a deer combo you get two licenses, one can be used on a doe during archery. Want a doe? Buy an anterless tag for your area. Want more than one doe? buy more than one tag, until the quota is met.
    Expensive? Kinda, but a lot less confusion.
    Unless you are hunting in the Michigan CWD zone...
    There is beauty in simplicity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tr1gg3r View Post
    Unless you are hunting in the Michigan CWD zone...
    True, then it's basically game on. I've thought about going into the CWD zone, but not sure I could eat the meat. I mean I know it's safe, but a part of me just goes EEEWWW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy219 View Post
    I'll go... But then again, I'll go either way.

Originally Posted by xfrostybeersx
    Hey now I'm on top of Larry!

Marksman

User Info Menu

You guys are really overthinking this. It truly isn't complicated. First, as to the public property statement, almost all IDNR properties(FWAs,River initiatives etc), do not allow bonus antlerless, or participate in any late season doe only gun seasons. Your best practice is to assume they do not, unless specifically noted that they do, as the vast majority DO NOT.

The bundle license deal does not give you any special abilities or extra tags. It very simply gives you three tags that are able to act as the necessary tag for whatever season you happen to be hunting. It is purely a thing of convenience meant to keep you from having to purchase and carry multiple tags. If you are hunting in archery or muzzleloader, then it acts as an Archery or muzzleloader tag, meaning one deer of either sex. If you are hunting in Firearms season, ALL FIREARMS TAGS ARE BUCK ONLY, therefore, if you have the bundle, then two of those tags can be used as bonus tags to take a doe. Whatever season it is, that's what the bundle tags act as, so if you know the bag limits for each season, which every hunter should, then it truly isn't complicated.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeguns View Post
    You guys are really overthinking this. It truly isn't complicated. First, as to the public property statement, almost all IDNR properties(FWAs,River initiatives etc), do not allow bonus antlerless, or participate in any late season doe only gun seasons. Your best practice is to assume they do not, unless specifically noted that they do, as the vast majority DO NOT.

The bundle license deal does not give you any special abilities or extra tags. It very simply gives you three tags that are able to act as the necessary tag for whatever season you happen to be hunting. It is purely a thing of convenience meant to keep you from having to purchase and carry multiple tags. If you are hunting in archery or muzzleloader, then it acts as an Archery or muzzleloader tag, meaning one deer of either sex. If you are hunting in Firearms season, ALL FIREARMS TAGS ARE BUCK ONLY, therefore, if you have the bundle, then two of those tags can be used as bonus tags to take a doe. Whatever season it is, that's what the bundle tags act as, so if you know the bag limits for each season, which every hunter should, then it truly isn't complicated.
    in the regs it says you get 3 deer with the bundle and says you can use them in any season with legal equipment thatís where my confusion comes from. It also doesnít say only 1 deer per type of season..... can take all 3 in archery if you wanted from what I saw

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cg21 View Post
    in the regs it says you get 3 deer with the bundle and says you can use them in any season with legal equipment thatís where my confusion comes from. It also doesnít say only 1 deer per type of season..... can take all 3 in archery if you wanted from what I saw
    You are correct, you can take all three in Archery if that's what you want to do. In that case, you would be using your 2 archery tags plus one bonus. You can do the same thing without the bundle. All the bundle does is allowed you to make one purchase, and use the three tags in any combination in any season, rather than having to buy a bunch of separate tags.

When I said "meaning one deer of either sex" I was not saying you could only get one deer per season. An Archery or muzzleloader tag is good for one deer of either sex per tag
    Last edited by ilikeguns; 12-03-2018 at 18:06.

Plinker

User Info Menu

There are areas that you CAN NOT shoot does at all during firearms season, these are public lands. For example Atterbury. There are signs around that say no bonus antlerless. Just make sure you understand the laws, they can be confusing, there are other public lands you CAN take a doe. If you are in doubt call DNR they will explain it.

User Info Menu

Bundle gets you three tags.
    Could be one buck and two antlerless, or three antlerless.

"Bonus" is an antlerless tag, usage based on county.

IIRC two counties are zero on bonus tags. So taking a doe there would require having it registered as a season specific bow or MZ kill (under your bundle license).
    Same for hunting F&W areas.......bonus doe tags not honored.

Buying the bundle saves you what, 10 dollars? and allows you some flexibility in tag usage.
    Last edited by Hookeye; 1 Week Ago at 15:24.

User Info Menu

Some folks interchange "anterless" and "bonus" terms. That probably making some confused.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeguns View Post
    You are correct, you can take all three in Archery if that's what you want to do. In that case, you would be using your 2 archery tags plus one bonus. You can do the same thing without the bundle. All the bundle does is allowed you to make one purchase, and use the three tags in any combination in any season, rather than having to buy a bunch of separate tags.

When I said "meaning one deer of either sex" I was not saying you could only get one deer per season. An Archery or muzzleloader tag is good for one deer of either sex per tag
    Yup and once a buck is tagged, your other either sex licenses are doe only.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4