Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Firearm regulations.

Going out for firearm season this Saturday. Which to the best of my knowledge durning the two weeks of firearm season you can only shoot a buck. Iíve been told by two different people that you can hunt for does as well during normal gun season. They swear up and down that I donít know what Iím talking about. I read the DNR website but I didnít read anything that clearly says you can or canít. Am I completely wrong? Or are these guys feeding me bad information?

User Info Menu

Bad info. Only one antlered for the whole season, antlerless number depends on your location and license, but it's at least 2.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

ďThere's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.Ē - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Plinker

User Info Menu

One regular antlered deer per person per year notwithstanding reduction zones and extra DNR allowed hunts (i.e. state park). At least two does per person with several counties having expanded numbers allowed. I will always urge everyone to sit down and read the literature for yourself though despite what you hear from your buddy, read on the internet, etc.

Expert

User Info Menu

If you are hunting with a deer license bundle you can take does as bonus antlerless, but if you are on a firearms license you are bucks only.

Expert

User Info Menu

Firearm license covers one antlered deer
    If you want a doe.you need to buy a bonus doe tag.

User Info Menu

Landowner tag=shoot what you wanna eat?
    Training, SOLDIER!

User Info Menu

So to make sure I under stand. I have have an Indiana $65 hunting bundle and I am allowed to shoot a doe tomorrow if I see one?

User Info Menu

With the bundle you are allowed 1 antlered and 2 antlerless. See link on DNR website below:
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/7389.htm

User Info Menu

I have a lifetime license. I can harvest whatever the law allows under current licensing provisions. For once I did the smart thing when the lifetime license was still available.

User Info Menu

I know I can take two does and a bucks. But I was told Iwasnít allowed to shoot does in gun/rifle season even with the bundle
    Last edited by Riggs226; 11-17-2018 at 11:05.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast