• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I didn't know how to title this post, so I am sure several will read that and have their minds go elsewhere!! Anyway, yesterday was an awesome day. Even though I got my buck last weekend, I drove down to meet my dad and hunt with him. No luck, so that was the worst part. I came back home and my nephew and another BIL both got nice bucks. My FIL started smoking the heart and loins, while several of us starting making apple cider. I am not really into apple cider because it is so much work, but this is a family tradition for my wife's family. It was just fun watching everyone pitch in and get it done, three generations in all. It was really fun watching both nephews' girlfriends try deer heart for the first time!! If I get time, I will post pictures of the press. Someone gave it to my wife a long time ago after her grandfather's press got burned in a barn fire. A few years ago, we rebuilt the press.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    You know that it only has to set out in the sun for a few hours to get a real kick.

A bunch of us were roofing a house in the fall once. We had stopped and each bought a gallon of fresh squeezed. Put it on the shady side of a tree in the morning and by later in the day it was in full light.
    When we got thirsty, we were falling off the roof and didn't care...

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    You know that it only has to set out in the sun for a few hours to get a real kick.

A bunch of us were roofing a house in the fall once. We had stopped and each bought a gallon of fresh squeezed. Put it on the shady side of a tree in the morning and by later in the day it was in full light.
    When we got thirsty, we were falling off the roof and didn't care...

We had some in the basement fridge from last year that eventually exploded. They were in plastic juice containers. Only one expanded enough to explode enough to lose a little of the cider. My wife and her dad really enjoyed drinking the "hard" cider that was still left!!

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Some of the best memories I have is helping my brother and late father make apple cider. I made some apple wine a few years back, had a helluva kick to it.

Top Bottom