• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I see these quite often here in the GSF, they don't get this close to the house. Something must have gotten it's attention to come visiting at 0900.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Nice pictures. I see these on my property in Kentucky occasionally. They don't seem very aggressive but I certainly wouldn't ever try to corner one.

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    That’s pretty cool. From what I understand, they usually travel at night and try to stay hidden. Surprised it was out in the open for you to get a picture. Glad you were able to take the picture and I was able to see it.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    nice pic's Leadeye.....they do come close this one is about 150ft from the house....

b39OAPb.jpg

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    I live just outside of Bloomington and had one about 100 yards from my house three nights ago. First time I'd ever heard one "scream." Cool stuff, I've only ever seen one other one and that was in yellowwood SF.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    A few years back back had one come down off the hill behind the house, walk across the yard, pass within 10 feet of the cars then go halfways around the house and back into the woods. Only reason I knew it had been around is we'd had a light snow earlier that night that was almost perfect for tracking.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I live just outside of Bloomington and had one about 100 yards from my house three nights ago. First time I'd ever heard one "scream." Cool stuff, I've only ever seen one other one and that was in yellowwood SF.

I often wonder what the occasional "scream" I hear deep in the surrounding woods is. Thanks for kinda confirming.

I wonder if I've never seen these cats due to the neighborhood roaming beagles?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    About 5 yrs ago I had one hiding in my front bushes in Brownsburg. And I'm in town. Dog flushed it out and in ran 20 feet up a tree hitting the trunk once and landing perfectly on a branch.

Saw it a week or so later in the front of the neighborhood. Neighbor had it on video in in his backyard screaming.

Saw another while driving with my wife in White County crossing the road from corn field to cornfield. We had hit a dead end due to construction, and while performing a perfect Y turn saw it cross thru the beam of the headlights about 50 yrds up. We both looked at each other and said, "what the hell was that?!"

Top Bottom