Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
    Thanks for this input. I did get a upgrade on the IR and a external battery pack. As I said in my original post, I did do a lot of research before I bought it. I saw mixed reviews but the majority said they liked it. Thought I would give it a try and if I didn't like it I wasn't out much.
    I think my next purchase will be a thermal. I saw a video last night of a friends coyote hunt with his thermal scope and it was awesome. I would love to have one like his but he paid over 8 grand for it. Maybe sometime soon.
    No prob. The FLIR I bought is a Thermosight PTS233 and it is awesome. I want to say I paid about $1900 for it on sale. They typically go for $2200. It's performance is outstanding for the money. It seems the price of high performance thermal imaging sights is working its way down. On a bright, hot and sunny day last summer, I watched a guy ride his bike by and at proably 80 to 100 yards I could clearly and easily see his cell phone in his hand. (It was hot). I haven't hunted with it yet. I'm hoping to bag some hogs in Texas with it in the future.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Plinker

User Info Menu

Check out pulsars core rxq30v thermal sight. I picked one up at midway for $1900 they now offer a $200 midway gift card with it. It has been a game changer for me. I have been coyote hunting for several years and I have learned more this season using the thermal. I see so many more coyotes now, many as Iím walking into a stand and busted before I even get set up.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blakec221 View Post
    Check out pulsars core rxq30v thermal sight. I picked one up at midway for $1900 they now offer a $200 midway gift card with it. It has been a game changer for me. I have been coyote hunting for several years and I have learned more this season using the thermal. I see so many more coyotes now, many as Iím walking into a stand and busted before I even get set up.
    Thank you, I will check them out.

User Info Menu

I have the ATN 4K pro 3x14. Other than firmware bugs still being worked out by ATN because it was released way too soon, i like it. The older models are pretty decent for the price point and function better because pretty much all the bugs have been worked out. Two things i suggest is makesure the firmware is updated on the unit and if you really wanna see a big difference upgrade the IR to either a predator tactics coyote reaper xxl IR or a sniper hoglight 66lrx ir.

Plinker

User Info Menu

UPDATED; Report on my ATN
    It was very easy to sight in, after 2 shots I was shooting 2 inch groups at 100 yards using the lowest power. Took it out coyote hunting last night, I could easily see out to 200 yards. Unfortunately we didn't call any coyotes in. I did have a raccoon in the field at about 120 yards and I could tell it was a raccoon by using the night vision scope. Over all I am happy with this scope but I have been doing a lot of research on thermal scopes and I think that may be my next purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2