• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am new to shed hunting, it is addicting just like everything else outdoors and nice to get in the woods scouting and looking for sheds. I have found 4 sheds 1 matching set.... but have logged lots of miles. Curious if I am to early? (Northwest Indiana) or if they are just harder to find than I hoped?

I dont mind being early just wondering nice to get some exercise!

hope to see everyone’s sheds and goodluck to everyone.

picture of the 8 pt set I found.

Attachments

• 186D70E9-F93F-4501-B34C-4AD42E0EA9DB.jpg
      186D70E9-F93F-4501-B34C-4AD42E0EA9DB.jpg
      108.8 KB · Views: 57

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've walked my 50 acres at least three times now and have found nothing.
    My last stroll through was two weeks ago.

I hope I was just too early.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I was at my place in Jefferson county a week ago and saw 2 decent bucks with both sides still attached. Pulled the card on a trail cam and didn't see any shed bucks. It wont be
    long before they will all be dropping their antlers.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Went out today, found an orange hat from what was probably a trespassing deer hunter and a turtle shell. No sheds.

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    I enjoy the walk as much as finding. Couple years back Dad found one from a monster. We walked those spoils many times looking for other half. We mushroom hunt at some time doubling our chances

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Went down to my place Saturday, drove around the fields and walked the woods for a couple of hours and found nothing. A whole lot of nothing. I will be able to spend more time looking in a couple of weeks. A buddy of mine by my place had a pic on a trail cam from last week of a buck with one side still attached.

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    Went out today with my 8 year old. Spent about an 1.5 hours walking the woods. Saw lots of deer tracks, but no sheds. This was the first time either of us had ever tried looking for sheds. He had a friend from school talking about it so we gave it a try. I thought he'd be disappointed in not finding anything, but he was just happy to get to walk around the woods for a while. We'll try again soon.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Went out today with my 8 year old. Spent about an 1.5 hours walking the woods. Saw lots of deer tracks, but no sheds. This was the first time either of us had ever tried looking for sheds. He had a friend from school talking about it so we gave it a try. I thought he'd be disappointed in not finding anything, but he was just happy to get to walk around the woods for a while. We'll try again soon.

That is worth more than any shed I will ever find...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

that is awesome my 3yo and 6yo come with me nearly every time.... my 6yo has put in some miles. 3 yo gets a backpack ride most of the time

Top Bottom