• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Headed down to beautiful Georgia for another round of hog hunting tomorrow! This thread will be a write-up of the hunt when we get finished. For anyone interested, here's the link to last year's write-up:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/great-outdoors/449903-georgia-hog-hunt-write-up.html

This year the weaponry has changed quite a bit. After the disappointing performance of 5.56 and 300BLK last year, we all made the switch to 6.5 Grendel and couldn't be happier thus far. Below is my Grendel pistol that proved to be the deer hammer this year. (I know I've posted it before, but I just like it so much...)

attachment.php

Additionally, we picked up some thermal and night vision, so we hope to do quite a bit more night hunting.
    Any last minute tips or advice for us? :ingo:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Headed down to beautiful Georgia for another round of hog hunting tomorrow! This thread will be a write-up of the hunt when we get finished. For anyone interested, here's the link to last year's write-up:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/great-outdoors/449903-georgia-hog-hunt-write-up.html

This year the weaponry has changed quite a bit. After the disappointing performance of 5.56 and 300BLK last year, we all made the switch to 6.5 Grendel and couldn't be happier thus far. Below is my Grendel pistol that proved to be the deer hammer this year. (I know I've posted it before, but I just like it so much...)

attachment.php

Additionally, we picked up some thermal and night vision, so we hope to do quite a bit more night hunting.
    Any last minute tips or advice for us? :ingo:

Can't wait to read the report! I have 20", 18" and 12" Grendels and absolutely love the caliber. What ammo are you using? You have a pretty wide selection when it comes to hog bullets according to the guys over on 65grendel.com

Shoot straight and drop them!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Nice. I have some inlaws that are going down next week for a hunt. I was able to horn my way in to an invitation - but then we put $2k in to repairing our old car. So.... I bowed out of this trip.

One day I'll get to hunt hogs down there! My cousin's husband (And a few others) have a "deer lease" south of Athens about 60 mins. There's hogs on that property just begging to be eradicated!

Top Bottom