Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Morels 2019

Expert

User Info Menu

I was mowing next to a ditch and thought I saw a basketball the grandkids had left out. Upon dismounting the tractor I found a tight cluster of morels, the ones in the center were about 8in tall. I have never seen them in a cluster like that, I had to pull them apart they were so tightly packed. Odd...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Plinker

User Info Menu

I found 40 yellow and a few grey in Jefferson county Tuesday in a spot I find them in every year.

User Info Menu

We fried up 3 large pan fulls this evening. What a feast. i;d guess a bit under 2 pounds. Damn it was awesome. It's early so we might get a few more pounds. This is the best hunting in several years,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aav6xNghahE

User Info Menu

Found 1 great big yellow in the yard before I mowed today. Going out here in a bit when my brother gets off work
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Had to kick a morel hunter out of the park where I work. State Nature Preserve rules do not allow that.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Found about a coffee cup full of little popcorn grays all about a 1/2" tall
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spencer rifle View Post
    Had to kick a morel hunter out of the park where I work. State Nature Preserve rules do not allow that.
    I can understand not cutting plants and plinking critters, but the harvest of fungus. Dammer!! I hope you raided his patch

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spencer rifle View Post
    I know it is legal in state parks and national forests.

Why are natural preserves different?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones223 View Post
    I know it is legal in state parks and national forests.

Why are natural preserves different?
    State Nature Preserves draw the line very low - no harvesting of anything (except invasive exotics like garlic mustard). They are different because the law says they are, where human influence is kept to a minimum. I know for a fact that many hunters walk all over off trails and step on wildflowers while compacting the soil and making wildcat trails. There are lots of other places to hunt.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast