Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102
  1. #51
    Expert Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Not really until you figure out what you want to fish for. You will probably want to get a light medium rod, a reel that you like/feels good, with about 6-8 pound monofilament line. If you decide your going to fish for catfish or bass specifically later, you'll get something a little stouter. If you decide crappie or bluegill are you favorites, you'll lighten up a little on the rod and line weight. You just want middle of the road, can catch anything at this point.
    I'm here now, I'm pretty excited. Feels like going in to buy my first gun..

  2. #52
    Grandmaster KJQ6945's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I'm here now, I'm pretty excited. Feels like going in to buy my first gun..
    Good luck Marine. Let us know what you come out with.

  3. #53
    Expert Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Good luck Marine. Let us know what you come out with.
    I think for the money, I am going to get the zebco. But they have three models. I think I'll get the black. I completely overestimated my budget, so I am going to get a decent setup and save the rest toward my next rod.... I see some awesome.e ones, but I don't know enough to drop hundreds more when the zebco 33 is so highly recommended.

  4. #54
    Grandmaster KJQ6945's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Advanced Jon boat. They probably sell these at cabelas, and you can get them to throw in a couple fishing rods with the deal.



  5. #55
    Expert Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Nevermind I just started playing with the pflueger president reels... this just started adding up... and theses were "cheap" and on sale for $60

  6. #56
    Grandmaster KJQ6945's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I think for the money, I am going to get the zebco. But they have three models. I think I'll get the black. I completely overestimated my budget, so I am going to get a decent setup and save the rest toward my next rod.... I see some awesome.e ones, but I don't know enough to drop hundreds more when the zebco 33 is so highly recommended.
    If you are comfortable with a spinning reel, which is what you have used, get that. Get two, one for you, one for the wife.

  7. #57
    Expert Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'll see what rod will go with it and see where I'm at. But I'd definitely feel good about the zebco too.... I should've just bought a cz..

  8. #58
    Marksman masterdekoy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    Nevermind I just started playing with the pflueger president reels... this just started adding up... and theses were "cheap" and on sale for $60
    As has been mentioned, fishing can get real expensive real quick. Try not to over think it, in the end a zebco will reel in a fish just like the more expensive stuff, especially when you are just getting started.

  9. #59
    Grandmaster KJQ6945's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I'll see what rod will go with it and see where I'm at. But I'd definitely feel good about the zebco too.... I should've just bought a cz..
    Wife decided we needed shade and a pontoon boat, and we traded in the Ranger for a new pontoon boat. I quit fishing, cold turkey. Started buying guns again and joined INGO. The pontoon is a 2012, and so is my INGO join date.

    I'd put at least $100 a week, in the gas tank of the Ranger. WOT was 26 GPH. It held 52 gallons of fuel in two tanks. Top speed was 74 MPH, so, you could run 70 miles from the ramp, switch to the second tank, and still get back to the ramp.


    Guns are cheaper, I'm telling you. You could buy a CZ every weekend for the price of fishing.

  10. #60
    Expert Usmccookie's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Wife decided we needed shade and a pontoon boat, and we traded in the Ranger for a new pontoon boat. I quit fishing, cold turkey. Started buying guns again and joined INGO. The pontoon is a 2012, and so is my INGO join date.

    I'd put at least $100 a week, in the gas tank of the Ranger. WOT was 26 GPH. It held 52 gallons of fuel in two tanks. Top speed was 74 MPH, so, you could run 70 miles from the ramp, switch to the second tank, and still get back to the ramp.


    Guns are cheaper, I'm telling you. You could buy a CZ every weekend for the price of fishing.
    Well I just threw down 200 to get me started. I think il stay away from the bad boats for a while. I think the last time I was on a boat, I boarded via helo... shore fishing it is for me.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •