• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    In the back yard Saturday morning:
    [video=facebook_share;1298453583675506]https://www.facebook.com/1954378401531630/videos/1298453583675506/?modal=admin_todo_tour[/video]
    Fired a charge of 1/2 cup cannon grade powder with dry newspaper wadding.
    On a side note; why is it so difficult to post images now for sale items? I have been trying all day... Even started an imgur account. Still wouldn't let me post. I have been a member since 2011 and posted items for sale recently. What changed?

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    The muzzle of this cannon is shaped like a dragon, and I would LOVE to show a close-up. BUT, again, this site is not letting me post images...

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You had me curious about posting a pic so I also tried. Went to “advanced” and there is no ability to pull in a picture from my iPad. And, in the for sale section if there is no pic it’s a violation. Ask me, I know. Boy, do I know.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Interesting big boomer. What size balls does it shoot, or is it a noise making skeeter repeller? Half a cup of powder, that's a BOOM and one heck of a cloud!

I just tried a test post with a pic from Imgur, worked fine for me. I copied the direct link on Imgur, clicked the picture icon on my reply, chose from URL on the post image dialogue box, pasted the direct link into the URL box, unchecked retrieve remote file box then then clicked OK at bottom. Maybe your pics are too big?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just tried a test post with a pic from Imgur, worked fine for me. I copied the direct link on Imgur, clicked the picture icon on my reply, chose from URL on the post image dialogue box, pasted the direct link into the URL box, unchecked retrieve remote file box then then clicked OK at bottom. Maybe your pics are too big?

This is what I do. No issues here.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Johntheplinker, this one is just a noise-maker because of it's teeth and fangs. Yeah, the cloud filled the back yard. LOVE it!

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    It appears my file size was too large. Here is the muzzle:
    Wr7tjph
    20190514_114020_edited.jpg

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Reminds me of a story from 30 years ago (more or less). Happened on Pine Lake about 45 minutes west of Milwaukee.

Seems a gentleman owned a civil war cannon that he would fire every 4th of July. Just wadding and cannon powder. But that sucker would rock the area when it went off and the echo would reverb for close to a minute.

About 30yrs ago he somehow acquired a civil war cannon ball and thought he'd fire one out into the lake on the 4th (early in the morning when no boaters were out yet.) Loaded it up and had a crowd around and sent that sucker off into the lake, only the thing never made a splash as expected. Lots of theories were offered up but the main one was that the old ball had disintegrated from age and the force of the firing.

Some believed that a UFO had snatched it. And others that there never really was a ball at all.

Except for the fact that in a yard across the lake a huge ditch had erupted in one of the lake home owners yard. It was about 15 ft long, 2 feet deep and 3 feet across.

This home is 1.75 miles north from where the cannon was fired. I know the home owners.

Top Bottom