Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: handgun hunting

Plinker

User Info Menu

handgun hunting

so was wondering how many handgun hunt here? i have a s&w victory i take out after squirrel sometimes and a ruger blackhawk 44 mag i tell myself i will take deer hunting someday. what you all hunt/shoot?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Went hog hunting in Tennessee a few years ago with a S&W Model 29 loaded with 240 gr Hornady XTP bullets over a stout load of 2400. Took a 100 pound piggy at about 65 yards with one shot. Piggy dropped in a few steps. The Blackhawk should have no problems with a deer. Best of luck!
    If you always do what you've always done you will only get what you've always gotten.

Plinker

User Info Menu

had the 44 out a couple of times but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. not tapped for a scope so just using open sights

User Info Menu

DruLov free pistol, Ruger/ Volquartsen Frankenpistol (LLV upper), S&W 41(7"), TC Contender(14"), S&W 617 (8"), all .22 lr used on squirrels. Contender Super 14 with muzzle brake in .35 Rem for deer. For coyotes, .20 VarTarg and .223 Rem in 15" MGM Contender bbls.
    Just call me lollipop.

User Info Menu

I have yet to take deer with a handgun, but I will be taking out a 7TCU Contender out until I do. I have used the same model in 5.7x28 and a rimfire barrel or two to take some groundhogs. They are much easier to get in and out of the field, but take a lot more practice to shoot well.
    You are now what you are becoming. -Unknown

Plinker

User Info Menu

I used a T/C Encore in 308, 14" barrel and scoped for years. Absolute hammer on deer, although not pleasant to shoot. Used it till I bought a 44 mag rifle.

User Info Menu

I've killed bout a dozen deer with the Knight Hawkeye .50 muzzleloading pistol. I haven't had it out in a few years, but loved hunting with that gun. I have a Ruger .44 mag Blackhawk that is on my short list for getting a deer with.
    "Excuse me while I whip this out."

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Pistol, for deer?
    I have a Savage Striker "pistol".
    I put "pistol" in quotes, because it does wear a pistol grip, but that is the only similarity.
    It is chambered for .308Winchester, is a left-handed bolt action, and has a 16" barrel.
    Each time I take it out for deer, I see nothing...

I have taken coyote at about 60 yards with a 4" barreled .357mag Taurus
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frydarinj View Post
    Handgun Hunting
    I never knew this was a thing.

I always got my handguns from dealers.
    So what do you do to catch them? Use ammo as bait in traps or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    I never knew this was a thing.

I always got my handguns from dealers.
    So what do you do to catch them? Use ammo as bait in traps or something?
    i play the sounds of liberals to scare them into my protective arms

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast