• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just saw my first fawn of this spring. The doe walked across my backyard with the fawn right behind. Based on its spindly & wobbly legs, I would say it is just hours old (if not less). Its too bad I can no longer post photos. Has anyone else seen fawns, and when?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Saw momma nursing one yesterday afternoon at the edge of an un-prepped corn field up at the other end of this state.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    The Does that travel on our property are pregnant but look ready to give birth any day now. Should be seeing new fawns and some new Turkey Poults on the trail cameras soon.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Last time I saw Ms. Doe she looked ready to pop and her udders were enlarged so I know she is close if not already dropped. Also the 3 other does that hang out here have all been running solo the last week or so, so they're getting close also.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Saw Ms. Doe this morning. She looks a lot thinner than last time (last Thurs or Fri) I saw her. Took her some corn and she let me get within about 6 feet of her! Never let me get that close before. Her udders were definitely being used so we've got at least one little one. I've got a good idea where she's got the little one(s) hid so I need to get a camera out this weekend.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Saw a newly hatched fawn yesterday just walking on the edge of the road. I slowed down to make sure it didn't wander into the road & some hilljack passed me without even slowing down, and almost squashed it.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Caught two fawns chasing one another around in my back field a few days ago. Mom was trying to keep up and calling to them to stay close. I thought at first it was a couple of coyotes they were so small and it was dusk.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have posted photos of some of mine in the trail camera favorites thread. So far, I have seen two singles, a set of twins and a set of triplets...all are visiting my yard regularly now. I'm sure there will be a few more brought to see me in the near future.

eCE9ThY.jpg

DGYf5re.jpg

This one is in the driveway almost daily.

4oi7DnT.jpg

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    fawns.jpg

This doe and the two fawns have been hanging around for a few days. The two fawns were frolicking and chasing in the back yard this morning.

Attachments

• fawns.jpg
      fawns.jpg
      89.5 KB · Views: 1
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Finally have seen my first fawns. Saw a couple while driving down the road a couple of weeks ago, now I'm seeing them regular. Last weekend one of the resident does finally brought her's out in the yard for a bit. That little one is still just an occasional visitor.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't seen the triplets since the 4th of July when one of the neighbors was setting off a ton of fireworks. I've seen the twins on camera a couple of times so I know they are still around. Finally saw some baby turkeys the other day.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had one hen that showed up with a single poult. That baby saw the cat sleeping on the sidewalk and flew up into a tree. Mom was having a terrible time trying to figure out where it went. I think they finally reconnected, but she was rather frantic. I saw this one a day or two later and saw her in front of the camera so I was hoping there would be some pictures of them.

axHNu5u.jpg

Top Bottom