• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Has anyone visited the Red River Gorge in Kentucky? My family just got back from camping there this weekend. My sister in law and her friend have been there before and wanted to us to go with them. It was awesome, at least what we got to see. So many hiking trails to a lot of cool things. We camped at Koomer Ridge. Next time we need to spend about 5 days to see more and try out the rock climbing thing there. Definitely worth looking into if you are wanting a getaway that's not too far.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My brother-in-law swears by RRG. He lives in Louisville and that is his go-to for every vacation unless I am cooking for the holidays. Just him and his 2 dogs, a hammock and water filters. No tent, very few provisions except the bare bones kit for cooking. He even carries the American made knife I bought him for Christmas many years ago.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Me and my buddies have been going at least once a year for the past 4 years. I think we've done every trail there by now. Always have to hit Miguel's pizza before and afterwards :cool:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I haven't been down there in many years, but it's a beautiful place. My strength-to-weight ratio is way off for serious rock climbing anymore (and not because I've gotten weaker), but there's more to the area than that.

I've been eyeing the Via Ferrata (link) for over a year now, but I'm not sure when I'll actually make it down to give it a go. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I haven't been down there in many years, but it's a beautiful place. My strength-to-weight ratio is way off for serious rock climbing anymore (and not because I've gotten weaker), but there's more to the area than that.

I've been eyeing the Via Ferrata (link) for over a year now, but I'm not sure when I'll actually make it down to give it a go. Hopefully soon.

That is the rock climbing thing that they were talking about. I couldn't remember the name of it. Looks like fun!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Are there good long (10+ mile) day hikes? Looking for a neat close hiking vacation.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Are there good long (10+ mile) day hikes? Looking for a neat close hiking vacation.

The state park has a number of interlooping trails that connect in different parts. You couldn't probably make it a 10+mile hike. There are also different trails aside from the park you can connect with. Plenty of hiking.

Top Bottom