• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    My dad and I are beginning the search for a new aluminum, do all, fishing boat and I’m asking for advice. Currently in a 18’ Lowe Roughneck with a Mercury Force 70, so this will be a major upgrade. Looking at boats from 18-20’ with 60-150hp engines. Crappie, Bass, and Bluegill fishing in a wide variety of waters from deep lakes to shallow creek arms off the Ohio River. We only get to fish a few times a month so longevity of the motor is crucial. I am open to any and all suggestions including brands, motors, and must have options. Would like to keep it under 30k but less is always better.

Top 5 in no particular order are:
    Ranger
    Tracker
    G3
    Crestliner
    Lowe Stinger

Thanks everyone in advance!! I posted on another forum and didn't get many replies so anything helps. Have a safe 4th everyone!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Ranger rt198 might be my next one. The crestliners and xpress look nice too. Might check out vexus. I have a ranger glass boat so favor the ranger tin boats.

A buddy of mine has a triton and really likes it.

Get on bass boat central, the have a forum on tin boats with a lot of good info.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Ranger rt198 might be my next one. The crestliners and xpress look nice too. Might check out vexus. I have a ranger glass boat so favor the ranger tin boats.

A buddy of mine has a triton and really likes it.

Get on bass boat central, the have a forum on tin boats with a lot of good info.

Thats actually where I posted at, but must have missed the aluminum sub forum. One day I will own a Ranger glass boat, but for now aluminum will have to do. Hoping to go take a look at several models and brands this weekend. I didn't even realize half these manufactures made such nice boats. It is so much harder than buying a vehicle.

By the way: Thank You!

Top Bottom