• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I am looking for a park that we can do a little hiking since my youngest is 2. Somewhere where they can play in the water and enjoy the outdoors and be kids. We were thinking dunes state park but it’s a little over 3 hour drive and I am looking for a 1 day trip. I would like to find a place within an hour to hour half from Greenfield.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I am looking for a park that we can do a little hiking since my youngest is 2. Somewhere where they can play in the water and enjoy the outdoors and be kids. We were thinking dunes state park but it’s a little over 3 hour drive and I am looking for a 1 day trip. I would like to find a place within an hour to hour half from Greenfield.

Ft. Ben would be a great place for that.

Hey have nice paved trails if you need to take a stroller for backup transportation for the little legs. They have some nice trails through the woods for more "off road" experience. There are a couple little creeks on site that you can feel safe having the kids play in without getting flushed down river. I have been taking the kids there for the last 17 years and we still enjoy it and yes my girls still love going down and looking for critters under the rocks in the creeks.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Marrot Park is inside Marion County so you can't hike far, but the creek access for stompin' is great. My daughter (17 months) loved it when we went the other day.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Turkey Run
    Shades
    Portland Arch NP

All have water, but keep a close reign on the kids as you can be by steep drops. A kid backpack is great for when they get tired.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    +1 for Marott Park. I went there with mom and dad starting when I was 2

Flowing Well park in Carmel is just as good, but also has free spring water.

Ft Ben is close to you and has paved trails and bathrooms but not much else for a 2yr old.

McCormicks Creek St Park is about the best... a lot more trails, hotel, restaurant, camping, many free-to-use grills for cook outs, pools, small creek with swimming area, kid friendly cave, and hand's on nature center.

Last edited:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    We took the boys to McCormicks Creek Saturday and they had a blast. We hiked trail 3 and the boys played in the water fall for a few hours. We caught a few crawdads and my 2 year old love chasing the minnows around. We had a snake swim down by us and decide to do some sun tanning and eat a dead fish that floated by. That was fun to watch and the lady that walked by and screamed was pretty funny. All in all it was a great day. Thank you all for the recommendation.

Top Bottom