Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Best parks to take little kids.

I am looking for a park that we can do a little hiking since my youngest is 2. Somewhere where they can play in the water and enjoy the outdoors and be kids. We were thinking dunes state park but itís a little over 3 hour drive and I am looking for a 1 day trip. I would like to find a place within an hour to hour half from Greenfield.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 66chevelle View Post
    I am looking for a park that we can do a little hiking since my youngest is 2. Somewhere where they can play in the water and enjoy the outdoors and be kids. We were thinking dunes state park but itís a little over 3 hour drive and I am looking for a 1 day trip. I would like to find a place within an hour to hour half from Greenfield.
    Ft. Ben would be a great place for that.

Hey have nice paved trails if you need to take a stroller for backup transportation for the little legs. They have some nice trails through the woods for more "off road" experience. There are a couple little creeks on site that you can feel safe having the kids play in without getting flushed down river. I have been taking the kids there for the last 17 years and we still enjoy it and yes my girls still love going down and looking for critters under the rocks in the creeks.

User Info Menu

Marrot Park is inside Marion County so you can't hike far, but the creek access for stompin' is great. My daughter (17 months) loved it when we went the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Springmill

User Info Menu

Ft Ben, and McCloud Nature Park out in NW Henricks County.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Turkey Run
    Shades
    Portland Arch NP

All have water, but keep a close reign on the kids as you can be by steep drops. A kid backpack is great for when they get tired.

K_W

User Info Menu

+1 for Marott Park. I went there with mom and dad starting when I was 2

Flowing Well park in Carmel is just as good, but also has free spring water.

Ft Ben is close to you and has paved trails and bathrooms but not much else for a 2yr old.

McCormicks Creek St Park is about the best... a lot more trails, hotel, restaurant, camping, many free-to-use grills for cook outs, pools, small creek with swimming area, kid friendly cave, and hand's on nature center.
    Last edited by K_W; 1 Week Ago at 09:33.

User Info Menu

I seriously misinterpreted what this thread was about. I thought you wanted to know the best parks to take as in abduct little kids.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    I seriously misinterpreted what this thread was about. I thought you wanted to know the best parks to take as in abduct little kids.

Carry on.
    I peed a little when I read this.

User Info Menu

Thank you for all of this suggestions. No I am not abducting any kids. I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with my 2 rug rats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast