• ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thats not a bad thing either.
    I believe they are letting us take to many does.

Agreed. Although the DNR allowing us to do that taught me some valuable resource management lessons the hard way. I had access to property near spencer and we took way too many (IMO) does several years in a row in the mid to late 2000’s. I no longer have access but I watching the quantity of deer on that property plummet in the following years. I may still take several does a year but will no longer take them all from the same area.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I wish they would eliminate all bonus tags,and especially summertime depradation permits!

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I wish they would eliminate all bonus tags,and especially summertime depradation permits!
    Really??? So 1 deer per year? Hard to fill a freezer with that!!! I could handle a bundle per person though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Really??? So 1 deer per year? Hard to fill a freezer with that!!! I could handle a bundle per person though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hard to fill a freezer with no deer,unless you buy beef or pork and let the deer repopulate.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    On my property I take the large old doe and leave the young ones. I have been doing this for over 20 years and the population keeps going up. We see 12 - 20 deer in groups every evening this time of year with quality bucks always going where the "women's is".

I provide food plots, water and habitat and they stack up like cord wood. The more the neighbors bang around in the woods the deeper they are stacked on mine.

Shooting is something they are conditioned to on my property. Last year sighting in we had to stop and let 4 walk across the field between the 100y and 150y target.

Hunting isn't a problem, senseless pressure and a lack of resources are the problem. Feed them like they are family and treat them like they are visitors and people miles down the road who don't even know you will benefit from even the slightest of effort.

Top Bottom