20190804-184452.jpg

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Our yard is full of them. We have a blind dog and they've figured him out already. Just sit, eat and watch him walk by. The other dog a smaller older yorkie starts chasing them but they're too fast. When he gives up, they come back at him just to keep the game going.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :) I still hear the neighborhood beagle bawling every once in a while, but not near like she used to with way fewer bunnies than this year.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    We seem to have a burrow (sometimes two) in the yard somewhere every year. Same this year. I count at least 3 rabbits eating grass in the yard every morning.

Mike

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We have them all over our neighborhood. And we even have coyote's that come through. I wish they would eat more rabbit!:)

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Had a family in my front yard this yard this year. First time ever. Noticed a bunch of loose grass so I moved it with my shoe to uncover the nest. Within a week they were big enough to be gone. Surprised my mowing people didn’t get them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We too had a bumper crop of them this year. Our Jack Russells have got several little ones, but there's still a bunch of them around.

The only things we have more of than bunnies this year are tree frogs and toads. Near biblical plague levels.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Rabbits do not usually burrow. The wild hares in Europe and Australia do. Cottontails WILL use groundhog dens to hide in though.

Rabbits burrow in my yard constantly. We currently have three of them. They burrow inside the fence apparently feeling safe from coyotes except my German Shepherds usually get them instead. Back around Father's Day weekend we had 6 inches of rain overnight and one of the burrows in the yard was totally underwater. They drowned because they were newborns. My wife went out to "rescue" them the next morning but they weren't strong or old enough to get out of the burrow in the yard and met a wet fate.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Anyone in the country near Fishers or Noblesville need me to cap a few rabbits for you, I’ve got room in my freezer!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have had 1 bunnie in the back yard this summer. He/she (??) is at ease with us and the kids. Pretty casual. There are teeth marks on some things in the garden.

Do bunny's eat maters..??

Top Bottom