Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: August 15th

User Info Menu

not until poison ivy and bugs are gone.....until then fish on
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Expert

User Info Menu

Ticks and fleas on the squirrel is too much a reason to wait until I can see my breath much less the ticks on me...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Ark

User Info Menu

I can't see 'em good enough with the leaves up to be using my .22. 12 gauge it is until the leaves drop.

Am I allowed to spotlight squirrels? I got a weapon light...

Expert

User Info Menu

Blast away brother, blast away...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Successful morning for my little buddy. Perfect weather.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Ark

User Info Menu

I think opening day is a "never again" for me, unless someone wants to slip me about a million dollars to get my own property and never deal with public land BS again.

Dude was posted up barely a hundred yards in from the parking, pointed down the trail so nobody could get past him without breaking his 180. Utterly clueless that anyone was coming up behind him, of course. Had some squirrel activity above him, so I figured I'd give him five minutes to take a shot and then head past.

Turned into spending half an hour of peak activity time watching him shoot and miss, wait for the stars to re-align, then shoot and miss again. Lost count of the number of easy opportunities to blow multiple rats out of the trees. Finally started swinging his gun around and muzzling me without looking behind him, so it was time to scuff my foot and clear my throat. Yeah big surprise dude, I've been here the whole time, nobody else can get to the entire rest of the woods while you're there, situational awareness have ya heard of it?

Finally got past, hiked a while, took an unsuccessful shot at a runner on the ground. Sun came up, activity tapered off, hiked a while longer and went home.

User Info Menu

Any of you early hunters run into warbles on squirrels? I witnessed a video and it was extremely disturbing. Yet another reason to hold off.

Going to keep fishing.......ok I'll have the gun with me in the boat in case a shot opportunity arrives. Cast and blast trip.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

Ilove this. You both will have great memories. Enjoy
    Proud to be an American; Honored to be a Veteran.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper 79 View Post
    Any of you early hunters run into warbles on squirrels? I witnessed a video and it was extremely disturbing. Yet another reason to hold off.

Going to keep fishing.......ok I'll have the gun with me in the boat in case a shot opportunity arrives. Cast and blast trip.
    I haven't seen one in years. If I find one on a squirrel the whole thing is pitched. On a deer, different story.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper 79 View Post
    not until poison ivy and bugs are gone.....until then fish on
    Poison Ivy is never gone. You can get it from the vine as well as the leaves and it's harder to ID w/o the leaves.

Just call me lollipop.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast