• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Avon Skin So Soft works wonders. Bugs not a big issue early in morning. Worse in afternoon/evening.

Doesn't work on the bastage ticks that are hatching right now. If you head out, depending on region of state, permethrin treat your clothes. Getting 100's a day of the make you itch for a month suckers on my pants.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Chiggers make you itch. Never had an itch from a tick bite. Paste made of meat tenderizer and water on the welt until it dries then Benedryl gel or creme works best for me.

Permethrin is ok for most. Make sure you apply it and let it dry thoroughly b4 wearing the clothing. If I sweat through my treated clothing it gives me a rash like poison ivy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Anybody else ready for about 7AM, thursday August 15th. Little furry creature time!!! Looking forward to it.

My first opportunity will be the next Tuesday as my work week starts on Thursday. But I am looking forward to it. They've already started to hit the hickories in Brown County.

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Chiggers make you itch. Never had an itch from a tick bite. Paste made of meat tenderizer and water on the welt until it dries then Benedryl gel or creme works best for me.

Permethrin is ok for most. Make sure you apply it and let it dry thoroughly b4 wearing the clothing. If I sweat through my treated clothing it gives me a rash like poison ivy.

What part of the state are you located?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Really looking forward to Thursday morning with my daughter. 6years old and her 3rd season with me. I may let her carry (unloaded) her crickett in the woods this year. Hoping to have a crock pot full of meat and BBQ next weekend!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    Gonna start out with the air rifles but if they play tough to get I'll break out the 17 hmr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like it will be 2 weekends before I get the opportunity to go. Have always duct taped my pants leg to boot around the ankle. Turkey ticks get stuck to the tape if they make it under. Also use Raid Flying insect on pants and around waist. A little off on the ears and hat and off to the woods.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning. Just got the little ladies cleaned and checked. 3rd season for her, but first carrying (unloaded) in the woods. Muzzle discipline is now her focus.
    9954c83c5085db52a032c4e5232315d8.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom