Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Paynetown campground on Monroe has some campsites you can bring your boat up to. And you can camp on most of the shoreline.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhslover View Post
    Paynetown campground on Monroe has some campsites you can bring your boat up to. And you can camp on most of the shoreline.
    We usually put in at Cutright and camp on the shore on the idle zone side of 446. Drove down to Patoka one time only to find out that they don't allow shoreline camping. Turned around and drove back to Monroe. I was bummed. The campsites we saw at Patoka were mostly in a big open field, more designed for RV camping, but we may have looked in the wrong place. I really was looking forward to lakeshore camping because I know Patoka has some islands in it which would be ideal for taking our dogs with us - wouldn't have to worry about them running off.

Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites.

Marksman

User Info Menu

From Doggy Daddy,

"Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites."

There is no longer camping allowed at Allens Creek. The stated reason is as you described.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe138 View Post
    From Doggy Daddy,

"Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites."

There is no longer camping allowed at Allens Creek. The stated reason is as you described.
    Oh wow, I didn't know that. Probably been almost 10 years since I camped there though. It's a shame that some yahoos have to ruin it for everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2