• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcause17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2019
    Sellersburg
    Are there any good lakes that have camping and boat launching/camping areas that you can pull a boat up to? I have a 15hp john boat and wanna take it out camping.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Not sure what the rules would be for beaching a boat, but the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness has some nice camp sites right on the shore of Lake Monroe.

I'm sure you could beach a small boat by one of the sites, but again, not sure if it's allowed.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    We were in the Patoka lake area this year. There are a couple smaller lakes as well. Not sure if the others, Indian and Celina are non-engine lakes only.

Don

tcause17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2019
    Sellersburg
    Not sure what the rules would be for beaching a boat, but the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness has some nice camp sites right on the shore of Lake Monroe.

I'm sure you could beach a small boat by one of the sites, but again, not sure if it's allowed.
    Great, thanks! I’ll definitely look into that place

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Summit lake is a state park near New Castle, it has camp sites near the water and will let you tie up a boat by your camp site. Nice park and camp sites, I have camped there and been out on the lake but never fished it. I have heard its good fishing. Good luck.

tcause17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2019
    Sellersburg
    Summit lake is a state park near New Castle, it has camp sites near the water and will let you tie up a boat by your camp site. Nice park and camp sites, I have camped there and been out on the lake but never fished it. I have heard its good fishing. Good luck.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like a great place

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Summit lake has Zebra Muscles so be prepared for super clear water and boat cleaning after the visit.

West Boggs would be my recommendation.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

It's been a few years, but both the camping and the fishing were very good last time we were at Summit Lake. We caught a nice stringer of bass and walleye.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Paynetown campground on Monroe has some campsites you can bring your boat up to. And you can camp on most of the shoreline.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Paynetown campground on Monroe has some campsites you can bring your boat up to. And you can camp on most of the shoreline.

We usually put in at Cutright and camp on the shore on the idle zone side of 446. Drove down to Patoka one time only to find out that they don't allow shoreline camping. Turned around and drove back to Monroe. I was bummed. The campsites we saw at Patoka were mostly in a big open field, more designed for RV camping, but we may have looked in the wrong place. I really was looking forward to lakeshore camping because I know Patoka has some islands in it which would be ideal for taking our dogs with us - wouldn't have to worry about them running off.

Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    From Doggy Daddy,

"Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites."

There is no longer camping allowed at Allens Creek. The stated reason is as you described.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From Doggy Daddy,

"Used to camp in Allen's Creek at Monroe, but got tired of spending the first 2 hours cleaning up the trash left behind by the previous campers. Whole different crowd on the idle zone side. Much more respectful of the camp sites."

There is no longer camping allowed at Allens Creek. The stated reason is as you described.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Probably been almost 10 years since I camped there though. It's a shame that some yahoos have to ruin it for everyone else.

Top Bottom