Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Camping & Boating

Are there any good lakes that have camping and boat launching/camping areas that you can pull a boat up to? I have a 15hp john boat and wanna take it out camping.

User Info Menu

Not sure what the rules would be for beaching a boat, but the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness has some nice camp sites right on the shore of Lake Monroe.

I'm sure you could beach a small boat by one of the sites, but again, not sure if it's allowed.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

We were in the Patoka lake area this year. There are a couple smaller lakes as well. Not sure if the others, Indian and Celina are non-engine lakes only.

Don

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    Not sure what the rules would be for beaching a boat, but the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness has some nice camp sites right on the shore of Lake Monroe.

I'm sure you could beach a small boat by one of the sites, but again, not sure if it's allowed.
    Great, thanks! Iíll definitely look into that place

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    We were in the Patoka lake area this year. There are a couple smaller lakes as well. Not sure if the others, Indian and Celina are non-engine lakes only.

Don
    Iíve been to Patoka a few times now and itís great. Gonna look into the others. Thanks!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Summit lake is a state park near New Castle, it has camp sites near the water and will let you tie up a boat by your camp site. Nice park and camp sites, I have camped there and been out on the lake but never fished it. I have heard its good fishing. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Check out West Boggs Lake and campground. We slammed the bluegills there this spring. A few crappie and bass as well.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
    Summit lake is a state park near New Castle, it has camp sites near the water and will let you tie up a boat by your camp site. Nice park and camp sites, I have camped there and been out on the lake but never fished it. I have heard its good fishing. Good luck.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like a great place

Expert

User Info Menu

Summit lake has Zebra Muscles so be prepared for super clear water and boat cleaning after the visit.

West Boggs would be my recommendation.

User Info Menu

It's been a few years, but both the camping and the fishing were very good last time we were at Summit Lake. We caught a nice stringer of bass and walleye.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast