• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    We always had Labs.Our last two passed a few years back.Wonderful dogs.Wanted a smaller one this time. Got a Mountain Feist.She came from hunting stock,so she is the real deal.Started her out w/ tails and fresh roadkill squirrels. I would drag them from the frt porch ,around the property, to a tree,and then let her out.Trailed it to the source. She started treeing at 10 months,and the neighborhood squirrels are in the cross hairs.cShe caught her first Piney last week.She is not gunshy .Hope to get her in the woods this week. IMG_20190829_181727.jpg IMG_20190829_175200.jpg IMG_20190829_175203.jpg . 20 lbs. Of Busy.

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_174949.jpg
      IMG_20190829_174949.jpg
      711.7 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    We always had Labs.Our last two passed a few years back.Wonderful dogs.Wanted a smaller one this time. Got a Mountain Feist.She came from hunting stock,so she is the real deal.Started her out w/ tails and fresh roadkill squirrels. I would drag them from the frt porch ,around the property, to a tree,and then let her out.Trailed it to the source. She started treeing at 10 months,and the neighborhood squirrels are in the cross hairs.cShe caught her first Piney last week.She is not gunshy .Hope to get her in the woods this week. View attachment 79639 View attachment 79640 View attachment 79642 . 20 lbs. Of Busy.

Good looking dog. My dad and I got out third Mountain Feist last year. Should be a good dog if we can find time to hunt him!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congrats. That should be fun times.

i only got to hunt with a squirrel dog one time many years ago down in the hills.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a black lab who thinks she is a hunting dog.
    She routinely takes squirrels that are unfortunate enough to mistake my back yard for some type of sanctuary.
    She decimated the neighborhood opossum population a year or two ago.
    I've even watched her take a couple of birds out of mid-air when she bolts out the back door at full speed and surprises them sitting on the ground.

I think if I did take her hunting, she would likely be competition rather than help.
    Great dog though, and wouldn't trade her for gold.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I miss my Mountain Cur Bella something fierce....Truck got her...She'd chase anything...Used to have vocal duels with a bobcat up at the farm.....

EDOab9QXUAEWFNK

Top Bottom