• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Spent Sunday and Monday with my Son-in-Law and 3 grandsons at his farm in western Wisconsin, Richland County. Beautiful country up there. Prior to this past weekend, we had two ladder stands, a portable, and a box stand spread around his 140 acres. We set up three more over the weekend.

We drove my 4WD through a hay field to get to one of the locations. The grass / hay was about as high as the top of my hood on my 4WD Sierra. By the time we got through the field to where we were going to put up the stand, the pollen was so thick on my truck that it looked like a thin coat of yellow flour. My oldest grandson, 11 years old, is sensitive to allergens. I've seen him get the sniffles before, but this time he could hardly walk, and it looked like he had two black eyes. My son-in-law had to take him back to the hotel because he was so miserable. So I stayed behind with the two younger grandsons and continued working on the stands while they chased crickets and grasshoppers.

I was able to get one ladder stand up by myself. Then I assembled a tripod stand and my son-in-law helped me set it upright when he returned a couple hours later. We ordered this from Fleet-Farm, and I was very happy with the quality and strength of this stand. On sale for $150! On the next trip I'll attach some camo netting between the platform and the gun rail to mask my silhouette.

Tripod%202%20Sep%2019_zps4iboevnj.jpg

Tripod%201%20Sep%2019_zps8vdo1vrv.jpg

Monday morning we made one more short trip to the farm to put up a buddy stand, then headed back to hoosier land.

Last edited:

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Wow that seems like quite a product for only $150. Sounds like it's pretty sturdy, I think I need to pick one of these up for next year.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Wow that seems like quite a product for only $150. Sounds like it's pretty sturdy, I think I need to pick one of these up for next year.

That was a sale price and a great deal. I went to Fleet-Farm's website to see if I could order one, but looks like they are currently out of stock. In the process of searching I saw several very similar looking stands and they vary in price, some places are selling them for $250 to $300. I don't want to spend that much, but I do believe I saw one or two places selling them for around $150 or maybe a little higher but still under $200. I don't have a lot of internet time these days, so I'll have to keep looking as time permits.

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    That was a sale price and a great deal. I went to Fleet-Farm's website to see if I could order one, but looks like they are currently out of stock. In the process of searching I saw several very similar looking stands and they vary in price, some places are selling them for $250 to $300. I don't want to spend that much, but I do believe I saw one or two places selling them for around $150 or maybe a little higher but still under $200. I don't have a lot of internet time these days, so I'll have to keep looking as time permits.

I figured that might be the case, it being on short lived sale. I was going to check and think about purchasing one when I got home tonight from work. Honestly I would wonder how they made money on that if that were the regular price. Anyways, good lookin out on that sale. Seems like you snagged a good one.

Top Bottom