• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Before I get too far into this, I'm just going to say that I'm absolutely going to call the DNR and double check any advice I get on here, but I figured there's people here who are familiar with what I'm asking about first.

This morning I got an email from the Indiana DNR talking about deer reduction zone hunting. I am on the edge of it which puts me in a nice situation where I can use a rifle on my land and still be in the reduction zone. As I understand it, the rules look like I can use a rifle to hunt with throughout the whole season of Sept 15th through Jan 31st. So in my situation, I would normally buy a deer bundle license, but now in addition to that I'd buy the reduction zone license and that should have me covered from Sept 15th through Jan 31st for one long giant firearms season so long as I follow the "earn a buck" policy and pop a doe first.

I'm not sure I understand that right, and I did some reading but I figured I'd ask here as well.

Thoughts?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I am pretty sure you can only use a firearm from the opening of firearms season through the rest of the reduction zone season.

Yes this is true. Its in the Dnr regulations i posted above. Firearms cant be used until Nov 16th this year

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I'm in the same situation as the OP.
    The new boundaries put me inside the Porter county reduction zone by just a few hundred yards.
    Read the link d. kaufman posted. You can only use the legal equipment for that portion of the season.
    I'd hate to hear of someone losing their green light to pack the freezer.
    Good luck.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom