• ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Good thinking or knee jerk reaction?

Even though they dropped some counties from a 4 to a 2 they are still in the "late special season". See "green counties" on the map..

See and read...

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/8541.htm

2019-New-CBAQ-Map.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Not surprised. Had a couple of does hanging out all spring and early summer, haven't seen them in close to a month. Watched the nice 11 pt buck we've had running around come through the yard last week with his tongue hanging out and it was definitely bluish colored. Need to get down in the creek and see if I can find any.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I wouldn't call it a knee jerk reaction but it definitely seems like a move to preempt some of the inevitable grumbling that will occur during and after the upcoming season. I suspect it is doomed to failure in that regard. Short term there isn't any harm in the move and possibly a slight bit of benefit. Long term, if the DNR sticks with the reduced quotas for more than a few years we could find the deer herd back in the position it was in back in the mid 90's through early 2000's.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have seen no signs of EHD in my county, but am glad the numbers are reducing regardless of reason.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I think it's a good move . I own ground in Franklin County and last years season was the worst numbers I have seen in the woods . Still seen deer , but numbers were way down . In years past I have rarely went out and not seen a deer , last year I think I was skunked around 30-40% of the time . Unheard of around this part of the state .

I believe last season they reduced quota from 8 to 4 here , which was a step in the right direction but the number of hunters that take more than 4 doe in a season is very minute . I think the new change will have a much better impact . Only time will tell I guess

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know it's getting pretty bad down here, we have found 3 so far at the local conservation club, and I know a farmer in Crawford county that has found 14 dead ones so far on his farm. Local Dnr said this is by far the worst theyve seen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom