Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Suggestions on quality climbers!?

Long story short, today I attempted to put my climber in the woods for deer season. While securing it to the tree I noticed funny movement ( luckily before I attempted to climb). I found out it had bad welds and where the support bars fold out and bolt in to the bottom of the climber the threads and bolt had detached itself rendering it useless. It was a gift and only used for one season. Now I need to purchase a new climber but I want to make sure I get a quality climber and no junk. Would anybody care to make any suggestions on a great climber? Thanks in advance! I believe the one I had was a summit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Both Summit and API have various models of climbers to choose from.
    I have an older API Grand Slam Supreme that is more than 20 years old and still going. I think they've since been bought by Aluma-Lok.
    I have friends and family members who have had the Summit Vipers for years and they swear by them.
    Good luck and stay safe.

User Info Menu

Maybe have it re-welded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Thought about it, just not sure I trust it. I'm not sure how it even came apart. Also it's the thread bung that came out. It's so thing not sure it can ber. I should have taken a picture.
    Last edited by Riggs226; 3 Weeks Ago at 18:07.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I love my Ol'Man. I've had it 18 or 19 yrs. It's a little heavy carrying but I like the fact that it practically folds up flat. I think they have models made with aluminum that is quite a bit lighter than mine. If I was looking for another one, it would be another Ol'Man.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lone wolf

Plinker

User Info Menu

Lone Wolf,light weight,stable and will last you a lifetime!

User Info Menu

The first response nailed it. Summit and API are tops for comfort, ease of use and stability. IMO, Summits are a little lighter, a bit quicker to setup, and the seats are more comfortable. APIs have more adjustability and are typically slightly more stable in my experience. Replacing the seat on an API with a Summit cushion is the best of all worlds IMO.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have had an API bowhunter style (open front) climber for at least 5 years. This is the only one I own, but I have used a few others including Hawk and Summit. I would go with aluminum unless you exceed the weight rating as they are much easier to deal with even once they are on the tree. The bowhunting (open front) style is nice if bowhunting as you could shoot from a seated position out the front if you don't have time to stand.

Best of all all three climbers that I have used were more comfortable than any hang on or ladder stand I have used.

You probably cannot go wrong so long as you choose one from a reputable manufacturer.

User Info Menu

Another vote for Lone Wolf Treestands. Not cheap, but well worth the extra money (IMO). https://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/

"I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness." -Aldo Leopold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast