• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My boy (7) said on Friday night that he would rather hunt with his dad, than go to one of his school buddies birthday party. With a decision and comment like that I couldn't let the 90+° temperature keep us in.

At 7:30 last night his target snorted and gave away her location. He spun around in the shooting house and I readied the 300 black out. He popped her in the front shoulder quartering towards us with a perfect shot. Blood trail sucked but we found her. Had her skinned and quartered/deboned and in the fridge in record time.

Anyone else make it out in the heat?

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Congrats to you and your son. I was hoping that I would get to take my stepson out but we had too many things going on this weekend. He is excited to hunt with the 300 BO pistol we built this past spring. Guess we will have to wait til Nov.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I took two of my grandsons out this weekend first one missed a doe yesterday morning and the second one got a nice 10 point yesterday evening. They also were using a 300 blackout.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    My son connected on a nice 9 point last night . Passed several does on both days , waiting on some horns . I was skeptical we would see any in this heat , but low and behold right before dark one came in .

I can say without a doubt , this is hottest I have ever had to field dress and drag a deer . Let alone one that weighed 220+ on the hoof . It SUCKED!! Thank god for having access to a walk in cooler .

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It was miserable hunting in 90 degree temps, but my hunting partner (Chloe - 12 years old) for the weekend got it done Saturday evening.
    76nsmSk.jpg

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    My son connected on a nice 9 point last night . Passed several does on both days , waiting on some horns . I was skeptical we would see any in this heat , but low and behold right before dark one came in .

I can say without a doubt , this is hottest I have ever had to field dress and drag a deer . Let alone one that weighed 220+ on the hoof . It SUCKED!! Thank god for having access to a walk in cooler .

Congrats to your son on his buck. It was a hot one to be out deer hunting good job on getting it done.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Saturday evening... 15 year old got his 8 pointer. A bit smaller for an 8 pt. but will still be tender. 2 does and a fawn came in then 2 bucks a few minutes later. 1/2 hour before dark. 300 BO.

Great job to all the youth who participated. :yesway:

It was hot out there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Damn. Wrong thread. Here I was hoping they had allowed hunting little [STRIKE]sh**s[/STRIKE] youts like this. :):

https://www.wthr.com/article/charges-filed-against-suspected-shooter-greenwood-drive-incident

But congrats to those that have kids intereseted in hunting. My soon to be 13yo expressed mild interest in squirrel last year, but every time the rubber met the road it was not worth it to him. (getting up early, etc)

Maybe someday. His little sister is a bit more adventurous.

Top Bottom