Anyone else see bucks following doe around?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Saw a nice mature 12 point following a die across the road last week and thought nah it’s too early. Saw a second 8 point bucks trailing behind a doe yesterday. These cooler temps bring some doe into heat early?

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have not seen any following yet. I have several bucks on trail pics, mostly at night. One night I had two small bucks fighting in from of the camera. Saturday afternoon I saw several scrapes I'm around the edge of a tree field. I saw a 140"+ buck yesterday at sunset feeding my himself. I hope this activity continues and I will get lucky with a good buck before gun season starts.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    No doe chasing yet, but I have several videos from last week of Bucks starting to fight. They weren't into the heavy fighting yet but they were locking horns for a good 30 minutes or so on the trail cameras.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    V6dxaf0.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Saw a buck try to mount a doe crossing the road in front of me. He got up on her just as she stepped down into the ditch off the side of the road and he fell off.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    We are currently on the extreme left side of the doe conception bell curve (see the graph of doe conception dates in the middle of this link) , so it is possible but not likely that the doe was about to come into estrous. The bucks are definitely starting to feel their oats a bit though and rubbing, scraping, and sparring should all be starting to ramp up over the next few weeks.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was at a BW3 last night and saw some bucks following some does around.

The does didn't seem that interested. The bucks looked a bit like **ggots though, so that could be why.

d80hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2015
    Hope
    This morning I spotted 4 does with a buck following, practically grouped with them, and another buck following them at a distance.

Top Bottom