Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunterbb View Post
    JimH, very nice buck. Outside width? Estimated inch size?
    Around 23"outside,probably 160 or so.

User Info Menu

I'm on the tail end of my 3 week vacation and I've put 2 down. Put 1 doe down on opening morning around 9am. She was the only deer I seen that day and I sat from 7am-6pm. The next few days were a little rough with questionable weather, very little deer movement and 80 acres of unpicked corn (it's still in the field as of today). Took a break starting midday Wednesday through Sunday. Loaded up yesterday morning prepping to hunt hard for the next 3-5 days. Where I wanted to hunt on our property we don't have a stand. It is elevated so it's not needed but a stand would still be nice. I had a 5 minute walk to get where I wanted to go. Once I got to my location I took a drink, hit the grunt call a little aggressively and within 3 minutes I seen movement. Could tell it was a decent buck and hit the grunt again. I could pretty much predict his path and waited for him to hit a good opening before taking my shot. I stopped him with the "meh" sound and sent it. He was slightly quartering towards me so I put the crosshair on the front portion of his shoulder and hit him good with the 6.8SPC Hornady American Gunner 110gr BTHP. Both deer were left lung/heart shots and both ran 30-40 yards before crashing. Within 10 minutes of arriving at my spot yesterday I had my buck on the ground. Had him retrieved and field dressed before it got dark too. Retrieving him was no easy task either. If the corn would've been out it wouldn't have been a big deal. I passed on a smaller buck early last week in the same area mainly due to the fact that retrieval would not be easy. If I was going to shoot one there I wanted the hassle to be worth it. He's a main frame 10 with a crab claw making 11 and 2 abnormal points growing off the back of his left antler making 13...I still just call him a 10. He has some other various junk around his bases.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Bittersweet hunt this morning. I havenít had anyplace to hunt for a few years. This past Sunday I got permission to hunt a property and today was my first day available to hunt. Had 2 really nice does down by 8:10. They were moving pretty quick, I think they were heading for cover before the wind picked up, which is what I was hoping for. Looks like now I get to focus on something with antlers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by w_ADAM_d88 View Post
    1st day in VA was a bust. I saw a doe around 0720, raised up to put cross hairs on her and she did an about-face back to the woods and didn't give me a shot. The other 4 guys I was with saw nothing. Rain rolled in about around 1300 and settled in quick. Soaked thru and wet and out of the woods by 1545. Spent the last hour of good shooting light sitting on the porch of the house looking down the path. Beer, margaritas, and Mexican for dinner, crapper, and bed. Day 1 in the books.
    Day 2 was extremely windy, and the wind blew all day. We didn't see a single deer. I shot the beaver on the pond, we shoot every single one so they don't flood the pond and destroy it.

Day 3 my dad passed on 2 doe first thing in the morning. I saw a large coyote around 10 a.m., but didn't have a shot on it due to how thick it was in the area it was in. That evening the dogs from the hunt club down the road started burning, and ran across our property. They ran a deer passed me, but the only thing I saw was the white flag of the deer jumping the hill and crossing the power lines.

Day 4 was our final day and was a beautiful, quiet day, but was 2 quiet. In the end came home with no deer. Plenty of sign and even have a bunch on trail cams, just wrong place at the wrong time.

Overall good hunt and excellent 4 days in the woods with my dad. Will post some pics of our scenery in a bit.
    #blesstheworld

Plinker

User Info Menu

First Year Out

Took my first every deer this year. 10 pointer! The first day ever deer hunting so I think i'm doing pretty good. Got him Sunday after opening morning. Kid has been sick so its put a damper on most other deer hunting. Hoping he feels better and I can fill my tags.

Does anyone know if i can use bonus antlerless in yellowood/hoosier national/morgan monroe forests? Also can I do the bonus season at the end of the year there too?

Thanks,

Tylerdeer.jpg

User Info Menu

#blesstheworld

Marksman

User Info Menu

That could be my property in Michigan.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Was fortunate to take this big brute this year.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SWAT153; 11-29-2019 at 16:50.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice bucks on here. Congrats all. Sitting in a ground blind on INGO waiting on daylight while it rains hoping to get it done today.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
    Nice bucks on here. Congrats all. Sitting in a ground blind on INGO waiting on daylight while it rains hoping to get it done today.
    Good luck, may be a good day with this front moving through.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast