• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I haven't seen anything posted yet so I figured I would start a thread. Has anyone had any luck yet this year. If so let us know how your hunt went and what you bagged? I have only been out once so far and haven't seen a single deer.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I put down a doe on Sunday morning.

Zi8WMj4.jpg

Video of course if you are into that sort of thing. Please crush the "SUBSCRIBE" button on my channel. Your support means a ton to me.

[video=youtube_share;9pzluyWFNNA]https://youtu.be/9pzluyWFNNA[/video]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I haven't been out and don't know how much I'll get to. I've had it really good for years but a new job is putting a real damper on my season. :(

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm bummed out this year. I had private land for the last 5 years but the owner passed this spring. His kids are looking to be greedy with the property and are trying to sell to a homebuilder looking put a subdivision in. Wouldn't give me permission.

What ticks me off the most is I never met his kids because they couldn't bother to help their dad out. I mowed his grass, cleaned his gutters, took him grocery shopping once a week, etc. In trade to use the property. Even offered the kids the option of I would upkeep the yard maintenance thru the year to keep access to the property, but was a no go. This will be the first time in over 15 years I probably won't bother going out. The public land around here is full of idiots.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't seen much this year, living on a high dry ridge. Deer are all down in the valleys where water and what remains of forest under story still stand. I'm set up to hunt in what food areas I have like oak and persimmon trees.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I'm bummed out this year. I had private land for the last 5 years but the owner passed this spring. His kids are looking to be greedy with the property and are trying to sell to a homebuilder looking put a subdivision in. Wouldn't give me permission.

What ticks me off the most is I never met his kids because they couldn't bother to help their dad out. I mowed his grass, cleaned his gutters, took him grocery shopping once a week, etc. In trade to use the property. Even offered the kids the option of I would upkeep the yard maintenance thru the year to keep access to the property, but was a no go. This will be the first time in over 15 years I probably won't bother going out. The public land around here is full of idiots.

"The public land around here is full of idiots" Not just public land...I had yearly written permission on 80 acres of private land just to myself. I had trespassing idiot problems multiple times.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My old spot was very good, but near a highway.
    Lots of poacher probs.
    Was pretty bad first couple of years.

Bowhunted public early and late season, never a prob.
    Gun hunted Thanksgiving Morning a few times on public..........never a prob.

But the gun stuff on one property.
    I avoid the closer DNR property in gun at all costs.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hmmm, wonder how much rain we got.
    Might make slinking down the dry creekbed to my stand a bit of an issue now.
    Maybe tag this onto the "hunting boots" thread (might need waders LOL)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    First post. In the stand now. Pretty damn windy but just happy to be out.

Attachments

• 5A214EBE-2C98-46A1-9030-B4338E261968.jpg
      5A214EBE-2C98-46A1-9030-B4338E261968.jpg
      243.9 KB · Views: 28
    • 8F06E186-9202-4232-97DC-BC5592C6DFE7.jpeg
      8F06E186-9202-4232-97DC-BC5592C6DFE7.jpeg
      101.8 KB · Views: 40

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I am finally going to get out to hunt. I have taken the grandkids out a few times this season, now it's my turn. I am heading down south to my property in the morning for a week or so. I hope the food plots are growing and the bucks are moving.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I usually have bucks on my property all summer but this year I have only had one doe and her fawn. I have not seen a buck on camera since last December. I pulled my camera last night and had a fork and a small 8 walk by on 10/20. I have only got one picture of them so I am not sure if they were just passing by or they just haven't walked by the camera again.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I haven't been out and don't know how much I'll get to. I've had it really good for years but a new job is putting a real damper on my season. :(
    Well that sucks. I've been in that boat the last few years. In my line of work it happens every year about the middle of October. Overtime starts this time every year, waiting on it and hoping I can get one before it starts. I've been out a few times and watched lots of does and passed on a pretty nice 6 a couple of weeks ago. Like Hookeye, I don't get too excited until Halloween. Seems like I always get "lucky" on the weekend before gun season. I miss the scouting, checking trail cams, etc. I've gotten used to planning my hunt time wisely and making quick decisions in the stand. I haven't taken a wallhanger for a few years but we eat good.

Top Bottom