Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kurr View Post
    Don't forget to factor in the guys that just cant track. Not really a skill that you can practice at the range.
    This right here ticks me off to no end. People who give up searching/tracking for the deer because it didn’t go down in a 100yards. They will make the excuse that they didn’t think the shot hit vitals and the deer will live. Because they only found a few patches of blood, they move on to the next hunt. Lazy A** pathetic hunter is what they are.
    If you gut/liver shoot a deer, you better plan on a long night and try to find the animal and quit being a B@$&?!!

User Info Menu

Just ask any avid hunter about a .410 bore shotgun and they will tell you they are NOT good first shotguns for kids for ANY type of game, they are an EXPERT'S WEAPON. You need to step up to 20 gauge or if weathy 28 gauge. Kids are really being setup for FAILURE and disappointment. Sorry state of affairs in todays woods
    Last edited by openwell; 1 Week Ago at 20:22. Reason: punctuation error
    No middle game, No end game; just Open the game well. French e4e6

User Info Menu

I thought the .410 was purchased mainly for kids to pop tree rats when stationary.
    Usually some old timer wanting to buy one for his grandson, use what he did growing up.
    So.............if its a sorry state of affairs, it's been going on a while.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What model? The only one I'm aware of was made for a 9 mm shotshell,model 36 I think,and the model 41, which was made in .410. In 60 years I never seen one.
    Last edited by JimH; 1 Week Ago at 03:45.

Expert

User Info Menu

Yah,

I had one several years ago on the property that we had to put down because someone decided to shoot her with bird shot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
    I thought the .410 was purchased mainly for kids to pop tree rats when stationary.
    Usually some old timer wanting to buy one for his grandson, use what he did growing up.
    So.............if its a sorry state of affairs, it's been going on a while.
    Yep, my first gun was a Mossberg bolt action 410. Wish I still had it. I almost picked one up at the Stout Field show this past weekend. I used it for squirrels like you said. For rabbits I borrowed my BIL's 16 gauge (also a Mossberg bolt gun) until I got an Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge.

User Info Menu

Sorry *** state of affairs ''''' when some clown un-elected officials & idnr employee who loves their garden Enact a law that allows "hunters" ??? to use a .410 bore shotgun to hunt deer! and you can't even hunt turkey with them!
    YES--------- it is one sorry state of affairs in IN
    No middle game, No end game; just Open the game well. French e4e6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    What model? The only one I'm aware of was made for a 9 mm shotshell,model 36 I think,and the model 41, which was made in .410. In 60 years I never seen one.
    Yes, model 41. It is old, and rare, but they do come up once in a while.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Yes, model 41. It is old, and rare, but they do come up once in a while.
    Ok, you lost me at "several".

User Info Menu

Marlin did lever action .410's, think they were for stockholders way back.
    Repeater, pricey.

Know somebody that has one, and saw a kid bring one in to zero at a range when IN changed the law (for deer hunting).
    Dunno if he got his deer or not.

Kind of a rare gun, he didn't even know what he had (we informed him).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast