Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

please learn how to shoot

just want to put this out there....

had to shoot a doe this morning someone shot and didn't hit good and it was walking around wounded.....

must have been i few days back as she stunk of death with a nasty front leg/shoulder wound......could not salvage any meat from her as when i opened her up all the meat stunk...

so the moral of the story is learn how to shoot to kill or stay out of the woods....

rant over....
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

User Info Menu

I'd go one further and ask that many just not vote, or breed.

Have used my tags on a couple wounded by others over the years.
    Dunno why their shots landed off the mark.

Equipment issue, ammo issue, deflection (unseen) or bad shooting?

Shot one that appeared to have been by a car, healed up but wouldn't make it through winter.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Well just look around at the range when season is coming. Probably the only time of the year some of these guys get the gun out.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sadly, it has happened to a few hunters,skilled or not, just sad for deer.I found a freshly shot 11 pointer by my brothers farm, it was next to a creek just laying there.When we field dressed buck we coundnt find bullet hole,it turned out hunter shot at face of deer and bullet busted jaw and bullet traveled down throat into body cavity and bled internally.That hunter shot a beautiful big buck and LOST it.It taught me a lesson about shooting at a deer head on.I have that buck in my wood shop, glad it didnt get wasted.PS made great deer stiks etc,guys at work loved the roast I brought.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well just look around at the range when season is coming. Probably the only time of the year some of these guys get the gun out.
    Aint been impressed by many regulars either

User Info Menu

When I used to float hunt for ducks, I used to find a lot of deer dead down by the water. I don't know if people shoot into the brush or if they overestimate their long range abilities or what.

User Info Menu

Prol bead sights and mixed types/brands of slugs.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Don't forget to factor in the guys that just cant track. Not really a skill that you can practice at the range.

User Info Menu

Or in the evening, you will hear people shooting when it is just too dark to see well.

User Info Menu

After watching several obvious "hunters" at the range sighting their equipment in my first thought was sympathy for the deer. Most would be fortunate to hit a 8" pie plate at 25 yards.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” --- Coach

Any man can make mistakes but only and idiot persists in his error.. Cicero 200 BC

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast