350 Legend results on deer this season ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Anyone harvest a deer with the 350 legend this season ? Would be interested in hearing some real world feedback. What range, what bullet, penetration/ expansion, and distance deer ran. I picked up a Savage axis in this caliber but didn't get it ready to use this season. -Thanks

CJP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2018
    Genesee County
    I took two deer with a CVA Scout and Winchester XP 150gr ammo. The first I shot at 60 yds broadside and it ran another 60 yds. It split the heart almost in half. The exit hole was about 1" on the off side. The second I shot at 80 yds as it was quartering toward me. I shot it at the base of the neck and it went straight down.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I took two deer with a CVA Scout and Winchester XP 150gr ammo. The first I shot at 60 yds broadside and it ran another 60 yds. It split the heart almost in half. The exit hole was about 1" on the off side. The second I shot at 80 yds as it was quartering toward me. I shot it at the base of the neck and it went straight down.

Thanks for the update on these. This is why I like INGO. real world stuff.

I pour through the internet and most of what you get are sponsored crap or stuff that has some $ backing from a Corp. with a vested interest.

I have been wondering how they performed because I an still sitting on the fence. Good to hear they may actually work well.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Good information. I ordered a savage for my son. Hoping that the recoil is less than a 30/30. If it is good, I may end up ordering one for myself next year. Would like to hear from others that have used this round for deer hunting this year.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ive been looking at a .450 BM RAR for a while.
    Tempting.
    But I would be the only one shooting it.

Kid has joint issues, so if she goes hunting, it'd have to be a .350.
    Hmmmm, maybe have to buy two rifles (a "set").

;)

I have AR parts around, was thinking thumper but might let her build her own in 6.5 or .350.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I posted a thread last week about taking a 105lb Texas hog with .350 Legend on AR platform. Clean kill at 60 yards - penetrated both shoulders, ribs and had large exit wound. Photos in that thread.

Top Bottom