• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    This morning I woke up to find a flock of 19 turkeys in my back yard. The first thing that I noticed was that they were ALL huge Toms, and half of them were trying to outdo each other with their tail fan displays. If it was spring or early summer I would assume the hens were on nests. However, this time of year I would expect the Hens to be with the Toms, all in the same flock. Should I expect to see a flock if only hens? Thanks fir any input. I got a good photo, but cannot figure out how to easily post it.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Right now on my Trail Cameras I am getting both mixed and separated sexes. Most of the groups I am seeing are in the 12 to 20 turkeys in a group. Some of the days they are a mix of Toms & Hens and other days they are just Toms or Hens. One day last week I had a video of 7 Toms trying to outdo one another and semi-strutting and half effort fighting. The next day there were several Toms mixed among about a dozen hens. Seems to vary by day lately at my place.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Right now on my Trail Cameras I am getting both mixed and separated sexes. Most of the groups I am seeing are in the 12 to 20 turkeys in a group. Some of the days they are a mix of Toms & Hens and other days they are just Toms or Hens. One day last week I had a video of 7 Toms trying to outdo one another and semi-strutting and half effort fighting. The next day there were several Toms mixed among about a dozen hens. Seems to vary by day lately at my place.

A couple still frames from one of my trail camera videos (one showing Tom mixed in with hens and another showing a mix of Tom / Jakes). They seem to be off and on together or separated by gender depending on the day.
    Tom hanging with hens 11-18-19.JPG Toms Jakes  11-15-19.JPG

Top Bottom