• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well, I'll go first again this year I guess!
    +3
    A group of about 10 of us pushed 5 sections/thickets, pushed 3 out of two of the sections and got all three this morning.
    Hopefully it goes better this year than last, it just kind of died off for us.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ditcherman that sounds like a great day! Where are you hunting?
    NW Hamilton NE Boone just up into Clinton County is where we roam.
    This is the second weekend out for the gang and it's not unusual for us to get 10 or 15 on the first few days so three's not that exciting, except for me because I made a 175 yard first shot moving and then a 150 yard kill shot, which helped my beaten down confidence from the last few years!
    It was still fun, but also a lot of work for three.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    They eat good during deer season. Mating starts this month so the young males should be looking for mates. Prolly not as dumb as a buck fox squirrel chasing, but may not have his A game going on either. Get 'em while they're hot!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    He made me work for it. He sat out in the middle of the field and mouthed off, but he wouldn't come in. So, 1,000 yard stalk through plowed field equals sore hips. He was a good size because he lived by a hog farm and the farmer tends to leave dead hogs out for the coyotes to eat.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +2 = Total is 8

Hubby finally decided to go out last night. He was out about an hour and a half and got two females.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My daughter's military housing complex in Twentynine Palms has a massive coyote problem. We saw one last week pulling into the complex, about 100 feet from the armed guard at the gate. She sent me this yesterday...

cjIS5qrl.jpg

Of course being on a military base, guns are forbidden to solve such a problem. If she calls PMO (Marine Police) they just tell her, it's their home too.:rolleyes:

I guess she'll just have to wait until they show up in officer's housing and some LtCol's wife loses her purse dog.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Had to run into town this morning, pull out on the road and look across the neighbor's hay field. Big, dark colored yote standing right out in the middle. Got permission to hunt it and it would have been a simple matter to pull up behind the pole barn and slip out of the car, but all I had on me was a subcompact 9mm. No way I was going to even attempt a 200+ yd shot. Sat there and watched him for a couple of minutes until he ran down into the creek bottom.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    +1 from last weekend

Still had a nice fluffy coat, so I dropped him off to have the hide done. Headed back out this weekend!

Top Bottom