• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I noticed a bunch heading north yesterday. I just shook my head and told them they were being silly.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yeah. I hope they didn't get bad information off Facebook or something.

Every year their winter hiatus gets shorter. Pretty soon, they will become like Canada Geese, and simply not bother...lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I've not seen any yet. That's something I always look forward to seeing and hearing, but it's usually when I'm getting out in the yard in early spring to start doing post-winter cleanup. Always hear them before I see them.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Lately I’ve been wondering if the weather and animal behavior can be attributed the shifting magnetic pole that has been taking place.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Up early yesterday (5AM) and saw a gaggle of Canada geese headed north. Hope they know what they are doing.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I saw a small flock headed north west last week and I heard the spring peepers on our pond when it was raining Saturday afternoon... haven’t heard them again

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah. I hope they didn't get bad information off Facebook or something.

Every year their winter hiatus gets shorter. Pretty soon, they will become like Canada Geese, and simply not bother...lol.

Plenty of them do not migrate farther than Wisconsin. I see them in the winters at my place up there. Also see them this time of year at Jasper Pulaski in N. Indiana all Fall, Winter and Spring.

It ain't the weather. It's the abundance of food available that keeps them around. They can certainly handle the cold as they can fly over 20,000 feet in the air.

Top Bottom