• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    any bass fisherman in here? im an avid bass fisherman (smallmouth especially) i have an 18ft nitro bass boat and i love to fish in the rivers primarily st joseph river and lake michigan (on calm days) LOL anybody that would wanna go for fun or hit up a tournament every now and again hit me up...all my friends i used to fish with are dead,moved away or just too busy to go anymore

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't fish like I used to but I've always loved it. My opportunities are slim so last year I invested in some microlight tackle and started hitting the little creek on my place for smallmouth. Most of them are about this size:

9xrKZroh.jpg

This is the biggest I've caught so far. The creek isn't much more than 25' across in most places so I was surprised to see this guy:

7MW0kvZh.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I didn’t go much last year, but I love fishing for smally. Dad has a g3 bass boat and goes to Kentucky lake for tournaments every year, I’m more of a river or creek guy. I like to wade the creeks and use a shiner. No feeling in the world like fighting a nice smallmouth against a current. I’d like to get back into fly fishing, been since high school since I’ve used a fly rod. That’s an art form.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I bass fish a few days a week still. I fish all year around until the water freezes. I'm retired and have the time.
    I no longer do the tournaments and enjoy fishing again. I grew up fishing smallies.
    I've got an older 2010 Skeeter/Mercury and old Fisher Aluminum with 50 Merc Classic. I've got an old Ouachita 14' aluminum I love but i need to tighten up a bunch of rivets in it.
    I also enjoy walking a good pond or river bank when I have a couple of hours free during the day.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Grew up in FL fishing largemouth and fish quite a bit here when the weather is permitting. Fish from the bank as I don't have a boat, but definitely love it and usually carrying 3 rods or so when I am fishing, setup with lure and color of choice for what I usually fish.

Didn't get as much time in this year as we moved late in the year, but have been known to fish up and through Christmas when the weather is cooperating.

Fished occasionally in the creek near the old house for smallies, wading with my son, but my gear is all generally setup for largemouth.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Phylo, if you've got a 25' creek with carnivorous fish in it (especially one that size), you have a great thing going. Make sure you put those big guys back! I bet you are having a lot of fun with those on the tackle you're using.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No worries, I'm not taking anything out of the creek aside from some trash every now and then. They're a blast to catch for sure.

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I just got into it. I will say I caught the bug pretty bad. I am a true amateur, though.

that bug will get ya LOL i went from beating the bank with two spinning rods rigged for topwater,spinnerbaits and rubber worms to owning a boat with enough tackle to sink it LOL i have 12 baitcasting rigs and 4 spinning rigs for drop shot i get out as much as i can being i work 21 turn swing shift at a steel mill...

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I don't fish like I used to but I've always loved it. My opportunities are slim so last year I invested in some microlight tackle and started hitting the little creek on my place for smallmouth. Most of them are about this size:

9xrKZroh.jpg

This is the biggest I've caught so far. The creek isn't much more than 25' across in most places so I was surprised to see this guy:

7MW0kvZh.jpg

i fished a creek every day when i was growing up always fun to get your ultra light on

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I didn’t go much last year, but I love fishing for smally. Dad has a g3 bass boat and goes to Kentucky lake for tournaments every year, I’m more of a river or creek guy. I like to wade the creeks and use a shiner. No feeling in the world like fighting a nice smallmouth against a current. I’d like to get back into fly fishing, been since high school since I’ve used a fly rod. That’s an art form.

i fish primarily the st joseph river in benton harbor michigan in the spring and fall and lake michigan in the summer along with a few good lakes for largemouth

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I bass fish a few days a week still. I fish all year around until the water freezes. I'm retired and have the time.
    I no longer do the tournaments and enjoy fishing again. I grew up fishing smallies.
    I've got an older 2010 Skeeter/Mercury and old Fisher Aluminum with 50 Merc Classic. I've got an old Ouachita 14' aluminum I love but i need to tighten up a bunch of rivets in it.
    I also enjoy walking a good pond or river bank when I have a couple of hours free during the day.

youre where i wanna be lol im jealous ill be working for 15 more years then i can enjoy it as much as id like to i have a 1994 nitro 180tf with a 2008 yamaha 115 4 stroke (my tracker pro merc 115 got a clogged oil line and blew)but boat is great shape for its age

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    View attachment 83253 View attachment 83254

We have those stripped bass where i'm from, these were caught on the Pax river behind our family farm.
    On the left is my younger brother with rocks caught on light spider-wire with 1/4 oz rattle traps and the two boys with my younger son got those trolling at the mouth of th river and the Chesapeake Bay. Its one of the few things I miss about Maryland....

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    that bug will get ya LOL i went from beating the bank with two spinning rods rigged for topwater,spinnerbaits and rubber worms to owning a boat with enough tackle to sink it LOL i have 12 baitcasting rigs and 4 spinning rigs for drop shot i get out as much as i can being i work 21 turn swing shift at a steel mill...

I'm still fishing. I got a Milwaukee heated jacket for Christmas. They thought I was going to use it for work... nope. Caught 2 3lbs largies on friday? Its bank fishing for me until I can save for a boat. I'm hoping to buy a kayak and a truck late this spring. As of now I have 3 baitcaster setups, and 3 spinning setups. I just graduated out of a tackle bag to a full organized box+ my travel backpack and a small tackle wall. And ingo had a lot to do with the infection. A lot of great advice to start. A buddy on here gifted me my first casting setup. . I try to fish about 5-15 hours a week.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    View attachment 83253 View attachment 83254

We have those stripped bass where i'm from, these were caught on the Pax river behind our family farm.
    On the left is my younger brother with rocks caught on light spider-wire with 1/4 oz rattle traps and the two boys with my younger son got those trolling at the mouth of th river and the Chesapeake Bay. Its one of the few things I miss about Maryland....

Whoa! Nice!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Have you though about bringing in a long armed track hoe and adding an attached pool to the side of the creek?

Actually I have thought about it. I’m still in he process of buying the small plot across the road which has the creek on it so I haven’t tried to do any research about the legality/permits which may be required.

Top Bottom