• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Yeah, no thanks on the proprietary charger cartridge. I’m going to stick to my triple se7en pellets so I don’t get stuck paying whatever exorbitant amount of money they’re probably going to charge for that cartridge...not to mention the freedom to determine my own charge! I’m sure they’ll have options available, but for some distances I only use two pellets...depends on my stand location.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Cartridge has ignition, propellent and projectile in one unit.

Unitizing two of the three doesnt make a cartridge.
    Sounds like bullet still goes in from muzzle and primer/propellent unitized from the other end.

Read: still a PITA.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I am surprised that ATF has not determined this to be a cartridge based firearm and therefore regulated.

At the end of the article is explains that you still have to fill out a 4473 to buy one. BATFE is treating it as a modern firearm, it just qualifies as a muzzleloader under SOME state hunting regs. Definitely a very niche product.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My dad is at the shot show. He sent me videos of a girl showing the operation of it. Seems like a neat idea. Unloading will be a breeze with no clean up.

Traditions also is coming out with a rifle that shoots an arrow with the power of a blank. Girl in video said it is shooting arrow at 385fps.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My dad is at the shot show. He sent me videos of a girl showing the operation of it. Seems like a neat idea. Unloading will be a breeze with no clean up.

Traditions also is coming out with a rifle that shoots an arrow with the power of a blank. Girl in video said it is shooting arrow at 385fps.

:postpics:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I showed this to my Accura, and my SMR. They both laugh in your general direction. Derf is spot on. This is an ingenious solution to a non existent problem. I do appreciate the unloading capabilities, but couldn't one do virtually the same thing with a qrbp and pellets?

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    uses an encapsulated propellant charge that loads from the breech, with the bullet loaded from the muzzle. The charge is completely impervious to moisture and loaded with clean-burning Hodgdon® Triple Eight powder to the same tight tolerances as Federal Premium factory ammunition

pGmslJl.jpg

Top Bottom