• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    My wife and I along with another couple want to plan an in state fishing for this spring for panfish ( bluegill and crappie ) and whatever else. Wondering if anyone has any experience fishing Adams Lake in Lagrange County ? We have our own boats so we’ll need lake access via a boat ramp. Because the ladies are going along it would be nice to have decent restaurants in the area and, perhaps, even a side trip excursion available nearby if the weather doesn’t fully cooperate on any given day.

Perhaps if we were to go to Adams and the fishing was slow also wondering if there might be other lakes in the reasonably immediate area that would be a good place to try as well ?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Wasn't aware Adams had a Public ramp, if that is true the five lakes just to the west (Witmer, Westler, Dallas, etc) offer a nice ramp on the east end of Westler and Bar/Restaurant just across the road. Oliver/ Olin just to the northeast of those just mentioned is deep water with some good fishing according to a buddy. Now for the disclaimer, truth be told I've never been inclined to drag a boat over there to any of those, but I did stay close to a Holiday Inn once.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, Adams has an access. There are perch, gills and bass in good numbers. Look for the greening weeds. I fish with worms and behemoths. Start shallow and work deeper until you find the fish. The Indian Lakes chain to the west mentioned above has good crappie and gills at times if you can find them. Another problem on that chain (Ice fishing too!) is that there will be a whole bunch of folks dressed in black clothes and funny hats wearing beards..... hogging all the gills bigger than 2".

Top Bottom