Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm

...Administrative Rule (Regulation) Changes

Subscribe for e-mail updates

The Natural Resources Commission (NRC) gave preliminary adoption to the Fisheries, Wildlife, and permit-related rule proposals listed below on January 21, 2020. The NRC will review the public comments before voting on final adoption of the changes later in 2020.

Public hearings have not been scheduled yet, but comments can now be submitted online at: https://www.in.gov/nrc/2377.htm Scroll down to the rule making docket and click on “comment on this rule” next to the FW Biennial Fisheries Amendments or the FW Biennial Wildlife Amendments, whichever rule package the comment is applicable to.

Comments can also be mailed to:

Natural Resources Commission
    Indiana Government Center North
    100 North Senate Ave., Room N501-A
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

The NRC will review the public comments before voting on final adoption of the changes later in 2020. Rule changes that are given final adoption must still be approved by the Attorney General’s office and Governor’s office and filed with the Indiana Register before taking effect...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Maybe they can also give a quick class for the DNR folks, so they can understand basic outline format/legal structure.

Put that in the regs booklet too, since so many Fudds couldn't figure it out.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Didn't see anything concerning firearm changes for hunting deer. That is good

Not good.

IDNR needs to accelerate time table to allow ALL hunters to use Lawful centerfire Rifles on PUBLIC LANDS.

They need to step up & END THE NONSENSE PISTOL CALIBER RIFLE restrictions that limit hunters that hunt deer on national forests, state forests, and wildlife areas NOW.

We all need the same ability to use our rifles.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I only saw the proposed use of Air Rifles and Air Bows but not traditional firearm changes, specifically center fire / caliber changes

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I only saw the proposed use of Air Rifles and Air Bows but not traditional firearm changes, specifically center fire / caliber changes

Yep, IDNR needs to step up to plate and give ALL deer hunters access to use their rifles on PUBLIC LANDS within Indiana. Don't wait for the end of the 5 yr. experiment and comment period I'm getting too old for such nonsense.

IDNR has to just make an administrative rule change just like the FIRST HANDGUN SEASON FOR DEER in 1986 as I remember, I was much younger then,

but the IDNR must have been much smarter and looking to Expand & Retain Deer hunting opportunities for ALL hoosiers!

getter done
    the booklets not @ printer yet, and I'm not gettin any younger. LOL

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Currently HB 1385 says that they are looking to "remove the sunset on the use of certain rifles for deer hunting".
    The way it's worded, it APPEARS that they plan to leave the rules the way they've been for the trial period, more or less making them permanent.
    It does NOT appear that they plan to change the rules to allow their use on public lands.

If you want to use center-fire high-power rifles on public land in Indiana, you'd better start chewing the ears off of your elected congress-critter.
    Make your voices heard...

Top Bottom