Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I got this from the Deer Biologist..

Hey,

I just want to give y’all a heads-up.

Please let any of the hunting-related Facebook groups, memberships, etc. know that the deer survey should be sent out from DNR starting Monday (2-24) and possibly extending into Tuesday (it takes a while for them to be sent out to everyone). So please have everyone to look out for an email from DNR regarding the deer survey. If they don’t get one, they may need to check their spam filters as well.

To receive the survey, they will need to have a valid email recorded in our system. If hunters are purchasing a yearly licenses, they should have entered their email into our electronic licenses system. Or, if they provide a valid email when they check in their deer electronically, they will also receive the survey.

The hunters most likely to not receive a survey are lifetime licenses holders who have not updated their personal information in the electronic system, or landowners who use their exemption and do not purchase a licenses of any type. If either of these groups of hunters provide a valid email when they check in their deer, they will receive a survey. But if they check in their game at a physical location, an email is not required. I highly recommend anyone in this group verify their personal information or register for a new account at the web address below.

To ensure hunters get a survey, they should verify they have their information up to date in the electronic DNR system at
    secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home
    and register for a new account. They do not need to purchase a licenses to get an account. Anyone can sign up for one.

If anyone has any problems, they can send an email to DeerSurvey@dnr.IN.gov. This email address will go to the person who will be running the survey this year.

Thanks,

joe

Joe N. Caudell, Ph.D.
    Assistant Director – Office of Science and Research
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    Division of Fish and Wildlife
    Bloomington Field Office

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I told them when they hired real biologist instead of political ass kissers to send me another survey. This was 20 years ago and still haven't got another survey....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I am not a lifetime license holder. I buy each year. I got the survey a couple days ago, but didn't fill it out. I wasn't in the woods enough this year to actually say what the deer population was like. I shot the first buck I saw. Lol

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I am not a lifetime license holder. I buy each year. I got the survey a couple days ago, but didn't fill it out. I wasn't in the woods enough this year to actually say what the deer population was like. I shot the first buck I saw. Lol

This isn't just how your last season went or how many deer you think may be in your area. It has equipment and season questions on it. Please go look at it and see ..

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    This isn't just how your last season went or how many deer you think may be in your area. It has equipment and season questions on it. Please go look at it and see ..

I started it...just didn't finish. Went ahead and finished but skipped over a lot of questions...

Please describe the size of the deer population in Knox County during the 2019-2020 deer hunting season.

Please describe the quality of the bucks in Knox County during the 2019-2020 deer hunting season. Quality is defined as size of antlers, body size, and estimated age with larger antlers, larger body size, and older age being higher quality.

There isn't an "I don't know" option.

How does the number of deer you harvested in Knox County during the 2019-2020 deer hunting season compare to the number you saw 5 years ago?

I don't remember how many deer I saw 5 years ago :dunno:

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Got it and filled it out the day that I got it. Basically said that I see fewer deer each year but not to change the quota as where I hunt I’m only allowed one doe. Also said that we do not need a special season for air guns,air bows, or sling bows. Air guns and air bows should be allowed during rifle season and sling bows during regular bow season. I left a message that they should require more blaze orange than just a hat.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Finished it up this morning. A few redundant questions, but overall not that bad.

I did chastise the DNR for even listing the "Sling Bow" in this survey. It is basically a Wrist Rocket sling shot that shoots arrows. The manufacturer lists it for small game.

I was strongly opposed to shortening any season for any of these proposed hunting tools.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Finished it up this morning. A few redundant questions, but overall not that bad.

I did chastise the DNR for even listing the "Sling Bow" in this survey. It is basically a Wrist Rocket sling shot that shoots arrows. The manufacturer lists it for small game.

I was strongly opposed to shortening any season for any of these proposed hunting tools.

+1

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Pretty much my replies as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom