• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I know its too early to be talking about them here around Indy, but how much too early? I just watched Youtube, Catman Outdoors. I have gotten to really like this kid. Hunting and fishing, he is fun to watch. He was on Morel's on 3/15. Hunting, finding, cleaning, cooking. I think he is from TN. If nothing else, he will give motivation to leave the big city. Watch it. He will be on to Turkeys and fish soon.

I digress. I will be looking for the shrooms soon and will give updates on any finds and good info I hear. Probably geographic area and general terrain. Please do the same and we can all better time things for more productive hunting.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I haven't seen any in Crawford county yet. Probably will this weekend or early next week.

My problem is the durn turkeys tear them into little pieces before I get to them. Anyone else have this problem?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    By the time the morels come up the country will probably be closed, so I'll have to contend with not only the bum trespassers but formerly employed ones as well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I haven't seen any in Crawford county yet. Probably will this weekend or early next week.

My problem is the durn turkeys tear them into little pieces before I get to them. Anyone else have this problem?

And the deer will clean them up, pronto! We've got a good supply of both here so if you don't get the 'srooms early, they're gone.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    The warm rain will also raise the temp of the lakes and ponds and bring the fish into the shallows. Mushrooms and blugills again if I am lucky and dodge the virus. Stay well all.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Been seeing death cups in woods, usually when those are found the blacks are starting. I have the false morels popping up in my yard. Never tried them. Some say they are good, read where others get the ick from eating.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I'll be out this week looking for morels on my property. I think it is much too early, but with Wednesday & Thursday's weather, maybe we will find a few early risers.

Top Bottom