• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    A friend of mine had noticed a deer acting strangely on property he is caretaker for in Boone County. He called the DNR and informed them what he had observed. He was asked if he could harvest the deer and keep the head in a refrigerated area (he had a fridge in his garage ) until a CO could come and collect it. The testing revealed the deer had chronic wasting disease. The friend of mine subsequently found 10 additional deer carcasses.

No additional information has been provided nor action taken. Certainly not good news for those of us who hunt in Indiana.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Not a single CWD - positive deer has occurred yet, as of a few minutes ago when I receive an email from Joe Caudell about this very claim they were made aware of.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    From our deer biologist..

Hey Everyone,

I just thought I would reach out before this got too far out of control.

I don’t know if any of y’all have seen this post or have gotten any questions about it. I just heard about it today from one of our Conservation Officers who happen to see it.

This is not true. I assume this person maybe was talking about EHD? And possibly back from the fall? I am not really sure, but we have not tested any CWD-positive deer in Indiana.

This was from the link below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-chronic-wasting-discovered-boone-county.html

This is what we are putting out on our Facebook page.

Recently there has been some misinformation circulating regarding chronic wasting disease (CWD) and Indiana. CWD is a serious neurological disease affecting white-tailed deer and other hooved animals such as mule deer, elk, and moose. Although CWD has been found in neighboring states, CWD has NOT been detected in Indiana to date.

For more information about CWD and Indiana DNR’s surveillance efforts, visitwildlife.IN.gov/9650.htm.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe N. Caudell, Ph.D.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Deer have been really thin on the cameras this year, but there are plenty of cur dogs. I've seen more strange dogs this year than any other.

Top Bottom