• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Sorry.. it’s actually the rodent type... while out at our place near Shoals this weekend, we took the Jon boat out and found this. Unfortunately, his wood is going to taste a little copper sulfatey. He’s not really a problem where he’s at unless he starts to mess w/ the spillway, that’s about 100’ away, if he does he’s a goner. Was a fun trip seen a “Little” blue herron & a “Great” blue Herron
    61818D8C-368F-425C-8975-0DBB6B491927.jpg

Attachments

• 33FC8839-D21A-4447-A465-2E1C6B211F83.jpeg
      33FC8839-D21A-4447-A465-2E1C6B211F83.jpeg
      114 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Beavers can be very destructive...and persistent. We had one on a property where we had a 13 acre lake that was part of a chain. A rise in the water level was not a big deal to us but lake up chain had a bunch of houses much closer to the water level. At first we thought having the critter there was kind of cool, nice to watch as he worked across the lake in the morning hours...then the water level started to rise; it's not like he needed more water, it's just what they do. So my dad and I tore down the dam and he rebuilt it that night (he didn't have to get very creative as the lake drained through a culvert under a railroad track) after several cycles of this silliness it was time to kill that little rodent scum and his little dog too. Win 70 .30-06 to the noggin at 100 yds did the trick.

I hope yours doesn't become a problem for you.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Get rid of him asap. Buddy has fought them on 2 small ponds in Jackson co. for 5 years with nearest flowing water a mile away. They created bank dens and proceeded to drop 6"-15" trees into the ponds and packed the spill pipes. They were trapped out and came back the next year. We built hog panel fence around the spill pipes and they piled rocks and mud up it to slow the water. A big 2-3" rain can top the dam if the pipe is plugged.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Native Americans would cross cut the tail like a waffle and cook it until it was crackly like pork rinds and eat it as a treat.

I have also heard of others that would regularly eat beaver...

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    You know...today I could never be prouder of the members of INGO!

We started out with a post title of "I got beaver"...and have made it all the way to page two without have to shut the thread down....GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

Here you go as a reward for your hard work and keeping things on track!

pzfzY1G.jpg

:whistle:

Top Bottom