• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    or if you have written permission from a land owner.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5688.htm

at the bottom of the link is the important part:
    [FONT=&amp]Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.[/FONT]

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It used to be a common excuse if you were caught in the woods during dear season with a rifle to say you were coyote hunting. This was an attempt to take that excuse away. The dates for coyote would go out for the starting date for deer and come back in when deer goes out.

Now I think it is just to minimize false targets for both hunters on public land.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I raised horses for many years and in one 5 year (2007-2012) period I killed 300 coyote. Down to one old(25 years old) old horse and only see coyotes once every 2-3 months. Don't even hear them much anymore. I did get one a month or so ago with my 1903 .32 ACP when it was trying to get one of the barn cats.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    We no longer have horses but the yotes are about to over run us. We use to have the large 'eastern' type ones but now we have the skinnier 'western' type.

We are picking up bobcats frequently on the trail cams now also.

Time to build some rabbit habitat or I will be on a solid diet of squirrel...

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I think the season on crow is an agreement with Mexico. I did hear that awhile back.

[h=1]Search Results[/h][h=2]Featured snippet from the web[/h]Crows are part of the North American Bird Treaty Act (or something like that). This includes Mexico and Canada. This Act allows a maximum hunting season for crows of 124 days per year outside of breeding season. Just be thankful there is no limit on crows here.

Top Bottom