• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I am posting to see if anyone has information on Leech Lake in Minnesota. My group normally goes to Canada but not in the cards this year. We have opted for Brindley's Harbor Resort on Leech Lake. We will be staying from June 6 through June 12. The resort is located on Trader's Bay on what I believe is Pine Point. If anyone has info on where to fish, best baits, best artificial baits and colors, or any other recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I am posting to see if anyone has information on Leech Lake in Minnesota. My group normally goes to Canada but not in the cards this year. We have opted for Brindley's Harbor Resort on Leech Lake. We will be staying from June 6 through June 12. The resort is located on Trader's Bay on what I believe is Pine Point. If anyone has info on where to fish, best baits, best artificial baits and colors, or any other recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It has been many years since I have been there, it is a big lake and I can’t be of any help as to where the fish are. You very well may want to enlist a guide, particularly if you are wanting to fish walleye.

Trolling a Lindy rig, or drift fishing with leeches on a long leader was what we used to do in that neck of the woods way back in the day. That, or throw spoons for northerns.

We didn’t get all the way up to leach very often, I did much more fishing on some of the smaller lakes not quite as far northeast.

jajwrigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    It's been about 25 years ago, but I remember crushing the walleye trolling fat raps and shad raps behind planer boards. Caught a bunch of northern throwing spinner bits into the edge of reed beds too. Enjoy!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is his response.

I haven’t been there, but it looks like a big lake with a lot of different structure. Should be plenty of bass, walleye, pike, etc. They’re everywhere up here. Lot of options to use bait, lures or plastics. I stick to basics with jig and minnow, trolling shad raps or lindy rigs, flippin tubes and spinner baits

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Thanks for the responses guys. Sound like the same tactics we used in Canada are successful in Minnesota. Our go to color in Canada was chartreuse. We would jig with minnows for walleye, throw a small chartreuse crawdad crank bait for small mouth and in line spinners for northern. We didn't do much trolling, might have to give that a try since we will be fishing a new lake and will need to locate fish. Our Canada lake was Eagle Lake near Dryden Ontario. We have fished that lake for close to 30 years and know where to fish. We really weren't planning on changing lakes this year but Covid had other ideas. Thanks again.

Top Bottom