• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Dug out my trusty H&R top break revolver yesterday to do some hunting. I fired all nine shots, and brought down seven wood boring bees. When you shoot them in mid air with .22 shot, they come tumbling down out of the sky like a shot-down fighter plane. I think the two I missed were too far away for the birdshot to be effective.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    .22plinkster did a fun video on this. When I was a kid I accounted for dozens of kills via a badminton racket.

We used to pack soft wax in the barrel of a Crosman pellet gun and shoot at carpenter bees.
    It's a challenge for sure.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    12 gauge low brass #8s in the 870 home defense gun with rifle sights. Only way to go. When you shoot the close ones flying low from the porch it looks like someone forgot to replace their divots.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Great fun. I use a old single shot Winchester .22. Barrel is almost a smooth bore so I get an actual pattern. Too bad the shotshells are outrageously expensive. I've even thought about loading some 38 specials with a super light charge and dust shot.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Got 3 confirmed kills of marauders drilling holes in my mailbox post by using a nearby tree to break up my silhouette. Weapon of choice was NAPA brake cleaner. After a good hit, they make it about half way across the street before augering in.

Top Bottom